Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Peace On Earth Challenge #23 - Anything Goes

Hello friends.  It feels like just the past couple days we've turned a corner and now so many posts are Christmas related...so I'm jumping on the bandwagon since my card stash is seriously LOW this year, and playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge.  


This is an Anything Goes challenge, but of course the HOLLY jumped right out at me!  Here's what I came up with...


I stamped my sentiment first, which is from Penny Black's rejoice with joy stamp set, and then started stamping and masking my holly leaves, pine branches, and berries using an oldie (but a goodie and still FAVORITE stamp set) from PTI called SPRUCE & SPRIGS.


I used a variety of green inks and a couple of red inks and the rock n roll technique to blend some of the colors together.  I finished by adding my stamped panel to a top folding white card base and added a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) for a bit of shine.

Lots of beautiful inspiration for you from the DT, so check it out and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 15th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Marcia! I love how you masked and stamped this spray of greens and berries. Wonderful sentiment too. One that we all could do well to remember.

Diane said...

A gorgeous card, and a fabulous sentiment, a great take on the mood board too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, that set continues to be a favorite year after year for me, too! LOve where your wonderful card started and the final sparkle is lovely, too!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful CAS card with the holly branch and large sentiment, Marcia - love it!

Bonnie said...

A wonderful sentiment and a beautiful bouquet of greenery and berries to frame it!

Lisa Elton said...

This sentiment says it all! Beautiful card, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully sentimental and festive too. Love your card.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. I love that sentiment and your pretty arrangement of the images in the top left corner.
Congrats on being one of the Top # at Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge

Bobby said...

Looks like I'm behind on your posts, Marcia. That sentiment is wonderful and I'm glad you could make that beautiful arrangement around it. Your rocking and rolling really added dimension to the holly and berries.