Monday, September 5, 2022

Playing Cards with Michele

Hello friends.  My sweet friend Michele and I got together again to play cards a couple weeks ago...and talk and laugh and laugh and have lunch (I made the lunch and Michele provided the yummy dessert!!), and even more laughing and talking, and yes, even some crafting!  We discovered that we each had just purchased PFS's Grow Wild Stencils and decided to share what we each had made using them.  Let's get started!


I love PFS stencils because of the ease of use in lining everything up, and this stencil set lined up so beautifully I didn't even mind that I hadn't purchased the coordinating stamp set and die!  I used 3 shades of yellow inks (Lemon Whip, Sunshine, & Sweet Mustard - all PFS) to stencil the flower layers with some leftover orange on my blending brush for the flower centers.  The leaves were done with Light & Medium Spruce inks (Gina K).  


I used an older MFT hello die (I think it was a freebie with an order) to die cut the word towards the bottom of my card panel, and then die cut the word again twice more from just plain white cardstock to stack beneath the stenciled cut before replacing back into the stamped layer.  I added a few gold metallic pearls (PFS) to finish off this simple card.


 My 2nd card is my favorite I think.  I used shades of pink this time (Ballet Slipper, Sparkling Rose, & Bubble Gum - PFS) with yellow for the flower centers, and Jelly Bean Green & Fresh Asparagus inks for the leaves (Gina K).  Next I used PFS Slim Ornate Banner Dies to die cut the decorative edges of my stenciled panel and then placed on a white card base that I had embossed with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder.  


  My birthday die was cut twice...once from white and once from black and then I offset them a bit so they would show up better on my stenciled part of the card.  I added a few Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) and some black & white baker's twine to finish off this card.


My last card was done in shades of purple (Light, Medium & Dark Lilac - Gina K), with yellow flower centers and the same greens as my 2nd card for the leaves.  I did some fussy cutting on one side of my panel before attaching to a card base that I added black & white striped dsp (PTI) to at the bottom.  


My "thanks" was foiled in silver on black cs using PFS Fancy Script Words and was also stacked with additional die cuts for a bit of dimension.  I added a piece of black & silver ribbon (SU!) to the side, and then finished with a few silver metallic pearls added to the flower centers and a few randomly on the dsp.  

OK, that's it for me this time, but please, PLEASE go over to Michele's Blog to see what she has done with this same set of stencils...it will definitely be worth your time!  Thanks Michele for coming my way this time, and for the FUN day and wonderful dessert...and of course the AWESOME friendship!!  Aren't stamping friends just the BEST??!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

This is just the most beautiful post to wake up to, Marcia! Your stenciling skills exceed most - perfect alignment, just the right pressure, and you definitely know when to say when with the inks! Speaking of - these colors are GORGEOUS! I love the yellows and your fabulous purples [your fussy cutting skills are pretty great, too!], but it's this pink that reminds me of the shabby chic slipcovers I made for my couch and love seat in my little cape cod home years ago! Only BETTER!
Any day is a better day when we get together, Marcia! I'm still dreaming of your potato salad! xx
=]

Birgit said...

Oh my sweetness, these are all stunning Marcia! Michele is 100% right about your stenciling skills. You truly are a pro at all the right places, colors, alignment, and pressure. The hidden message on the first card stands out just perfectly and the shades of yellow are so pretty! I love the banner style on the second card and your fussy cutting skills amaze me as well. These flowers have so much depth, they look like you used layered dies. Wow!! Absolutely brilliant post today!

Cat Craig said...

These are all gorgeous Marcia, and its nice to know that the stencils can be used without the stamps. Thats a plus…sure it depends on the image, but I did not miss any lines in your cards. Stunning….and yes as all have mentioned you do have a perfect stencil placement. Love.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Marcia, it sounds like you had another fun play date with Michele! Eat, chat, laught, craft - what else do you need to be happy, right? I'm jealous! ;-)
Gorgeous trio you made with your new stencils! Great minds think alike.
Love the camouflage sentiment (#1), the framing and the sentiment shadow (#2), and the color scheme and the matching cool ribbon (#3)!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

You do that stenciling so well, Marcia! I need to have a lesson! I love all three of these but think I lean a little more toward the pink flowers! How fun that you and Michele could get together!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooohhhh so much prettiness to drink in, Marcia! You are the queen of stenciling. I love them all but am drawn to the pink version. The banner die adds wonderful interest to that one. Like I told, Michele... I sure would love to be a plus one at one of your play dates!

Bobby said...

These are fabulous, Marcia. I love the flowers in all the different colors and the details you added to make each card unique. I guess I'd better bring my blending brushes when we get together. Can't wait.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my heart, gorgeous stuff! I never would have thought of using the stencils without the stamp. Brilliant and ohhh, so pretty! Your designs with the sentiment dies and all are fabulous! I'm salivating!

Linda Callahan said...

This is a beautiful stencil and you turned out some gorgeous cads with it! I love the bright colors you used! Such fun to craft with a friend - you two bring out the best in each other!