Saturday, September 3, 2022

CAS Christmas Sept. 2022 - SPARKLE and/or SHINE

Hello friends.  It's time for another CAS Christmas Challenge, and this month Hideko is our hostess, and she would like to see SPARKLE and/or SHINE on your CAS Christmas cards!

 


For REAL SPARKLE, I like to pull out my glass bead gel (Faber Castell) and a stencil, and I just happened to have a new (to me!) stencil from Trinity Stamps called Tree of Lights that I thought would work beautifully with the glass bead gel.  Take look...


Can you see the SPARKLE??!!  This is a 4 step stencil and it was definitely made for a regular size slimline card, but I like the mini-slimline size sooooo much better, so part of the tree is cut off at the bottom, but it still worked beautifully with the smaller size!  I used PFS's set of 4 green ink cubes to do my blending over the 4 stencils, and then went back to stencil #3 to add my glass bead gel.  Once it was dry, I used Gina K's Master Layouts #7 die set to cut my stenciled layer and the black layer behind it, before attaching it to my card base.


  To finish my card I simply added a pre-printed sentiment strip (Gina K) with foam tape on the back for some dimension.  A pretty simple card...the hardest part of this one was waiting for the glass bead gel to dry (over night)!!

Have you started your Christmas cards yet??  Let us help by joining our challenge...you can find all kinds of FABULOUS inspiration from our talented DT and Special GD, and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

JoAnn said...

The glass bead gel really shines on the pretty stenciled tree. Great card Marcia.

I Card Everyone said...

Hey, Marcia, you can come decorate my tree any year! You've found the perfect layer for those beaded baubles!
SO pretty!
=]

Bobby said...

I love the bokeh affect of the tree and the glass beads did indeed add the sparkle, Marcia. Beautiful card!

Sue N said...

OMGoodness! This is just the prettiest tree! I love that it's all circles and the added glass bead gel is such a wonderful touch! Into my favorites! Sue N

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous design and the sparkle only on part of it is so eye catching.

Julia Aston said...

Wow - what great stenciling with all these wonderful green circles Marcia - and the glass bead gel makes it so glittery and textured! xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous effect with your stenciled circles and love the glass beads ♥

Bonnie said...

What a great Christmas tree, Marcia! I love the different shades of green that give it wonderful dimension and the glass bead gel takes it to a whole new level! I like the smaller slimline cards better too.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I would love to have this kind of Christmas tree in my house, Marcia! The different shades of green adds depth and interest to the card, and I love the super sparkly glass bead baubles! It was worth the wait. You inspired me to use my layered stencil sets with glass bead gel! Thanks for your inspiration, my friend!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

What a cool stencil with all the layering to create so much visual dimension. I LOVE the sparkle from the glass bead gel. Gorgeous card Marcia!! xx

Birgit said...

I love the bokeh style of this sweet, slim tree, and I especially love the sparkle of the glass bead gel. This is delightful, Marcia!!

Viv said...

This bokeh tree is fab Marcia - the bead gel really makes it sparkle!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous tree, Marcia - those glass beads really made it special. Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your sparkly polka dotty tree is incredible Marcia! I love it in the mini slimline too. Beautifully done, my friend!

Linda said...

Beautiful tree with the glass beads for sparkle. That is one thing I have not used. Beautiful card, my friend.

Trina P. said...

What a cool set of stencils resulting in this adorable tree. Awesome sparkle from the bead gel. You adapted the stencils to work on a mini slimline size perfectly. I prefer mini slimline over slimline cards as well.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous Christmas card, Marcia! I love how you added sparkle to your design and that you chose circles for your tree! Great idea to use several shades of green, too! xx

AlisonC said...

You've created a very unusual and interesting tree there. I love the touch of sparkle, great use of the stencils.