Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The Flower Challenge #72 - Add Sparkle

Hello friends.  I am playing along with The Flower Challenge where they would like us to add SPARKLE to our flower cards, and I definitely have sparkle on my card AND everywhere on my desk!  A little sparkle goes a looooong way!!  Haha

 

I used a couple older die sets from The Greetery to come up with my sparkly card...


I started with a piece of Misty Moonlight cs (SU!) and embossed it with SSS's Vine Canopy embossing folder.  To make the design show up a bit bolder, I used my brayer and white pigment ink and rolled it over the embossed layer very lightly so as only to make the raised parts highlighted with the white ink.


Next I began working on my sunflowers (The Greetery - BotaniCuts: Sunflower) and die cutting them from white cardstock and then blending color on with my blending brushes.  Once I had the amount of color I wanted on each layer, I glued them together and then added TH Distress Glitter.


 I used The Greetery's Market Basket Dies cut from matte silver cs (Gina K) to place my sunflowers in, and also added a liner to the basket using some really OLD tissue paper that has a slight wax sheen to it to supposedly help your dies release easier...it never really worked for me, but I kept the roll anyway and it has come in handy for different things a couple different times!


My little "oh Happy Day" sentiment comes from a little add on set for the basket dies from The Greetery.  With all this SPARKLE, this card will surely give someone a Happy Day!

There is all kinds of inspiration from the DT and their special GD, and you can check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 25th.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love how you brought the background more to life, using the white ink. Just the right amount! The layered sunflowers with glitter simply shine. Oh, and I like the printed tissue paper you used for the line too. Adds a bit of "vintage" to this beautiful card.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, happy day, indeed! Loving every single sparkly bit of your sunflowers, Marcia! I really need to get that sweet little basket out again - it is so precious! How smart to use your brayer to add white ink to the high points of your embossed panel.
Thanks for sharing this gorgeousness with us at The Flower Challenge, my friend!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Stunning basket of blooms, Marcia. Love the glittered bits.

Leslie Miller said...

Fabulous! Look at those flower layers and, oh, how I love the embossed background! A beautiful card, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful sparkly sunflowers, Marcia! Love the basket and that lining! The blue embossed background with white highlights makes a perfect backdrop for these gorgeous flowers!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I do like your sparkly sunflowers! This is wonderful, Marcia. Just the right amount of glitter. Another delightful card, my friend!

Cara said...

This is so pretty (my laptop has stray sparkles too!) Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

Stef Perry said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia, the sparkle is amazing on your gorgeous sunflowers! The metallic basket is brilliant and the sentiment perfect for so many occasions. Love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

Aileen said...

This is so pretty, love the soft touch of sparkle on the flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Bobby said...

Beautiful arrangement of sunflowers, Marcia. I love the basket in the matte silver as it makes it more realistic. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

TK said...

Fantastic sunflowers, I'm loving seeing your beauties and all the others out in blogland recently