Monday, October 24, 2022

Color Hues #51 - ORANGE & GREEN

Hello friends.  I should be making Christmas cards, but you know I love color challenges and Color Hues has a fun one right now using ORANGE and GREEN!


The colors have been absolutely GORGEOUS this Fall here in Michigan, so I just had to make a leaf card.  I also wanted to try a new design that Jennifer McGuire showed making a card using partial vellum (HERE).  Here's what I came up with...


 I started by using Taylored Expressions Fall Foliage Background stamp and stencils using SU!'s Pumpkin Pie, Terracotta Tile (for the deeper orange), and Old Olive inks.  Then came the scary part of cutting the pretty stenciled and stamped (the stamp inks up the leaf veins) panel on a diagonal and then attaching to a vellum card base.


I used a skinny strip of Pumpkin Pie cs to delineate between the stamped area and vellum and it also worked perfect to add my sentiment from SSS's Tiny Words stamp set.  Next I used The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Mighty Oak dies to cut the leaves and veins in both white and also Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive, and then pop dotted them to the card front.  I also added some glitter to the veins so they would stand out a bit more, and a small piece of Old Olive ribbon (SU!) to the center of the cluster.


  Here's a photo of the card standing up so you get a better idea of what the partial part of vellum looks like with the stamped and stenciled portion showing through from the inside of the card.  Just a little something different to try, and I love how it turned out!

This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM and you can check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration the DT has for you using ORANGE & GREEN right HERE

Also adding this card to the new Crazy is our fame - STENCILS are our game Challenge which you can find right HERE.


 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




14 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is beautiful I love the leaves in the background and the angle design, so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous for a fall birthday, Marcia!! Just love your leafy background!!

Nancy said...

You did such an amazing job with this background, Marcia! It feels as if the Fall colors you are experiencing really inspired you. I love the softness of the vellum as well. Thanks for being with us at Color Hues. I hope winter takes a while to arrive so you can continue to enjoy Fall a little longer.

Karen said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! The colors are so vibrant, and the use of the vellum is such a great design idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Cat Craig said...

Love that use of vellum to add the subtle frosted feel of fall.

Loll said...

LOVE your gorgeous fall leaves, Marcia. The vellum is a cool feature to add over part of the leaves. And I love your layered large oak leaf die-cuts. Great fall card, my friend. Love, Loll

Julia Aston said...

Wow - I thought that was DP Marcia! what gorgeous stenciling and stamping! so pretty with the diagonal of vellum and layered leaves! xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is oozing with Autumn prettiness, Marcia! Love the vellum and that little touch of sparkle. Marvelous card!

Birgit said...

A lovely depiction of the beautiful fall colors this year, Marcia! I like how the vellum softens the background, and the strip giving way for your sentiment. Your leaf cluster is perfect with the bit of sparkle. This is a winner!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia this is an absolutely GORGEOUS Fall creation! What a fun technique too ... will have to give that a go! Yes the leaves are beautiful this year here in NE Ohio too. I just love the change of seasons!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, Marcia, what a fabulous card! Every card you make is special but this one outshines them all! Your take of the technique is beautiful in every way. What a labor of love with the perfect stenciling and stamped leaves. I appreciate the third photo showing the inside. Loved having you play at Color Hues!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, thanks for the full explanation and the extra photo of this wonderful fall card! Of course, I could just watch the video (and I will), but now I totally get it. I'm thinking this would be a great way to use some patterned paper, too. Love your oak leaves for accent, and your colors are so warm and softly shaded.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the fabulous stenciled background! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

parm said...

Nice