Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Christmas Kickstart #67 - Poinsettias & Posies

Hello friends.  Working on my Christmas card stash again and today I'm playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are looking for Poinsettias & Posies.

I had just received my monthly Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month Poinsettia Spray that worked perfectly for this challenge, and came up with this card...


I foiled the image and sentiment with Aura foil (it's a gold foil that picks up so many different colors when the light hits it!) and then colored the Poinsettias, leaves, and berries with my Copics.  I left a few of the other "posies" uncolored so I was basically highlighting just the Poinsettias and berries.  


 Can you see the different colors in the foiling here?  It is so pretty in real life!!  I also used the same Aura foil on the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Rectangles (Spellbinders) around the outside edges of my top panel.  I die cut the Poinsettia Spray and sentiment out with the coordinating dies, along with two more for a little added dimension, before gluing down over the foiled Duo lines and attaching to a white card base.


This challenge is open till the end of the month, and there's lots of beautiful inspiration from Jo and her guest elf Janet all right HERE if you'd like to play along and get going on those Christmas cards!!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely image. and your partial coloring brings it to the forefront. Love the gold foiled frames too.

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy, so gorgeous! Your coloring is splendid and the foil really does pick up a rainbow of color. How fun to belong to one of these Spellbinders clubs. Any new goodies in the mail is such a treat!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful shimmer on this Marcia - a lovely stamp with so many pretty floral stems! xx

Lisa Elton said...

The fabulous shimmery foil really brings out all of your pretty coloring! Wowee, Marcia, this is a beauty!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful Christmas bouquet, Marcia! I love the colors that appear in that foil and you've colored these poinsettias and berries beautifully!

TK said...

Beautiful! Love all the color, and those that are secondary to the poinsettia and berry left white. The foiling really is gorgeous -- I have yet to use my pretty spray but you have me motivated now!

Birgit said...

Wowza!! This is stunning, Marcia! What lovely coloring on this detailed image. Does your beautiful coloring enhance the foiling or does the foiling enhance your beautiful coloring? Either way, this is over the top, gorgeous. I think that monthly subscription is perfect for you.

I Card Everyone said...

The aura foil was a beautiful choice for this bouquet, Marcia! How beautiful for those 'white' flowers to have a kiss of color!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Marcia! Love the foiling!