Thursday, October 13, 2022

Color Hues #50 - ORANGE & PURPLE

Hello friends.  Playing with the Color Hues Challenge today where they are looking for cards with ORANGE and PURPLE...you know, Halloween colors!


This challenge really is perfect timing for Halloween, but I went in the Fall direction instead...


I hadn't had a chance to pull out one of my favorite stamp sets from MFT (Harvest Mouse) yet, and I don't think I've missed a Fall season yet using this sweet image since I got the stamp set a few years back!  To stay within the color guidelines of only using orange and purple, I didn't do any coloring of the mouse and only colored some of the leaves with my Copics (YR16, YR18, BV11, BV13).


After die cutting my mouse out, I pop dotted him to the inside of a scalloped die cut circle (PFS) and then added my sentiment from PB's Hello Autumn.  The Harvest Mouse set also has a few small pumpkins included in the set, so I stamped and colored and die cut those out too and added to the sides of my sentiment.


And one last close up of this sweet little guy to remind us all (and especially me!) that stamped mice are much cuter than the ones that decide to take up residence inside your walls...and if he doesn't leave soon before inviting his whole family to spend the Winter at our house, I think I'm going to go off the deep end!  I like stamped mice better.  I like stamped mice better!  I like stamped mice better!!  I like stamped mice...  I'm ok, seriously.  I think...

Anyway, you too can play along with this fun color challenge right HERE and you have until the 14th @ 9:00AM to link up.  Make sure you check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and already in the gallery if you need any ideas to jumpstart your creative juices!!  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is such a sweet card, darling image and just the right amount of Orange and purple!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, dear, it's been a long time since I had mice in the house, but it would drive me crazy too! When we had a cat it was not unusual for the furry treasures to show up on our doorstep. No thank you! Stamped mice are definitely cute, though. I love that you bring this set out every year. A beloved stamp set deserves to shine. So clever of you to make it work for this orange and purple challenge!

Bonnie said...

This little guy is adorable in his pile of colorful leaves! A great way to use these colors! I'm with you about mice in the house. One year we put mice traps in our storage areas overhead. They made so much racket getting into those traps that they woke us up. We didn't SEE any mice though and that made me happy.

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, that mouse is just adorable! To my shame, I bought this set on sale a long time ago and had totally forgotten about it until I saw this wonderful card! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the direction you took, Marcia! I like stamped mice best too and this little fella is a cutie patootie! You've inspired me to get my set out!

cm said...

Echoing the others: your little mouse, fall wreath and cute pumpkins make for a wonderful autumn-themed card! A wonderful way to showcase the Colour Hues combination; so thrilled you joined us!
~carol

Birgit said...

This is so sweet, Marica! I totally agree that stamped mice are so much cuter than the ones in real life. I like playing with paper mice. ;0)

Nancy said...

This is as darling as can be, Marcia! I love the way you framed in the sweet mouse and the little pumpkins are the perfect size! I hope your resident packs his or her bags soon! Thanks for playing at Color Hues! Take care!

I Card Everyone said...

Clean and Simply wonderful, Marcia! I adore this little guy and sure wish we could find a tree whose leaves turn purple IRL!
Not sure Daisy would like it, but maybe you need to borrow a cat?
=]

TK said...

Sweet mouse indeed, and I love your framing that pulled the color challenge right in! Here's hoping your mouse moves out...

Cat Craig said...

Oh that skittering can drive a person mad...October is mouse month...they always tried getting in our house in CA then...but we had good mousers in so much as the cats caught the mouse and brought it to us as a trophy...a live trophy. My Dad and I would get a humane trap as it was now in the house and by the next day it was caught and it got release out in the desert. My first cat rarely left evidence of a mouse.

I do agree these stamped mice are so much cuter that the real ones. Your card is fabulous and I love how you used the colors. Fabulous.