Thursday, October 20, 2022

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #26

Hello friends.  Anyone else feeling behind on getting their Christmas cards done this year??!!  I usually make them all year long and am pretty much done by this time of year...NOT this year!!  Grrr!!  All to say you might be seeing quite a bit of Christmas for the next couple months!

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge is helping me out today with a FABULOUS mood board to inspire, and I'm loving ALL the wreaths in the photos!!


The wreaths, the greenery, I love it all!!  Other than the red bows, all the colors seemed darker and more traditional, so I chose to work with two of my most favorite colors from SU! this past year...Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen, and a stencil set from PFS called Thrill of Hope Wreath.  Here's what I came up with...


Rather than stenciling my wreath on white like I normally would have done, I stenciled right onto the Soft Succulent cardstock using Gina K's Light Spruce, Medium Spruce, & Dark Spruce inks, and Fired Brick Distress Ink for the berries.


Once I finished stenciling, I ran my piece through a new Spellbinders embossing folder called Scattered Christmas to add dimension and more interest.  I matted my layers with gold mirror cardstock and also Evening Evergreen cardstock.


Had a burst of sunshine come through when I took this photo, so it's a little brighter than the 2 previous photos, but I kept it because it shows off the foiled sentiment better (Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month with Aura foil).  The little gold starbursts and dots are from The Greetery's Twinkle Background Die.  This card is also one of my favorite folds where you score your 11 x 4 1/4 card base at 5 1/2 and 4 1/4 and adhere the 1 1/4" on the inside so the card opens up to a square 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.  Just something a little different than the A2 card fold.

If you're like me and need to get going on those Christmas cards, the Peace On Earth Christmas  Challenge can help you out too!  Lots of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT and this challenge is open till Nov. 3 @ 8:00PM.

Edited to add:  Also adding this card to the new Stencil Fun Challenge...this challenge is an anything goes monthly challenge with the optional twist this month of using Halloween colors.  Obviously, I did NOT use Halloween colors on this Christmas card, but I definitely used the Thrill of Hope stencil from PFS!




Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

I love all the texture on your beautiful, traditional colored card. The stenciled wreath on the soft green looks amazing and then add the embossing on top, you've got yourself a winner here! I like this fold too. A new take on a standard sized card. Well done my friend!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia, you are so creative ... this is GORGEOUS! Love that you stenciled & embossed on this beauty! Awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... Don't forget to share this beauty with us over on our Embossing & Stenciling challenge blogs. Here's the links:
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
Can You Handle the Pressure
Hope to see you there!! Thanks for the much appreciated shout out to our challenge blog!!

Loll said...

WOW! LOVE your gorgeous card Marcia. The colour of your background is so beautiful and really shows off your lovely wreath. The foiling adds some wonderful shine. So much amazing texture with the embossing. xx

Cat Craig said...

Quite a festive card in the greens and I knew exactly where that star came from...I love that background die.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your stenciling on the colored cardstock, and the fancy gold accents. This is lovely, Marcia. And yes... I'm in the same boat. Making a mad dash to get cards done!

Bonnie said...

I love this fold and used it in this month's class. I love how you've used it with the embossed soft succulent and gorgeous wreath! Lovely shine to add to the beauty! I'm behind on Christmas cards too and I'm trying to make up for that. Lots of Christmas going on here too! Wish we could create together.

Leslie Miller said...

Lovelovelove! You're so creative with all the great ideas. I'm behind on everything right now. Christmas cards, visiting blogs... I cut my finger and too clumsy to type worth a darn with a big wound dressing on it. Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the stamping and then embossing Marcia - beautiful texture and lovely wreath! xx

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous and love the colors!! Thank you for joining our challenges at Stencil Fun and Peace On earth!
Diane SF and POE CO-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}