Monday, October 17, 2022

The Flower Challenge - Use A Sentiment

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge and this month they would like us to use a sentiment on our flower cards.  It is also their 6th birthday...where has the time gone?!!


A few days ago, my friend Bonnie reminded me of a retired SU! set that I had forgotten about, so I pulled it out to make a card for this challenge.


I used the Painted Harvest stamp set (SU!) and Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody, & Crumb Cake inks to stamp my flowers and foliage, and then ran the whole piece through with SSS's Fall Foliage embossing folder.  I love the look of the embossed leaves along with the stamping!!


My sentiment is from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Birthday and was die cut with a couple circle dies from Gina K's ML#7 die set.  The ribbon is Old Olive from SU! and I finished with a few Sparkling Champagne Metallic Pearls from PFS.

Make sure you check out all the fabulous inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 25th, so plenty of time to play along and help them celebrate their 6th birthday!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

What a pretty combination of stamping and embossing. I love it! I've never thought to emboss after stamping. You truly are brilliant, my friend.

Cat Craig said...

love the texture you get with the embossing over the stamped image. Such a cool technique. Lovely card.

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love the texture of the embossing and design of your card. I also got this set out to play with after seeing Bonnie's lovely cards.

Helen F. said...

Love this Fall beauty, Marcia! May need to CASE for a couple of Oct and Nov birthdays :-)

TaeEun said...

That's the same stamp, Bonnie has used for her cards :)! A perfect one for a Fall card! And the embossed leaves go so beautifully with the flowers! Thank you so much for playing at our birthday challenge, Marcia!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I remember Bonnie's card and this set. I loved the set at the time as it has a real special quality to it. I must have been being cheap or something, sheesh. LOVE you card with the embossed background. These colors... the green... so gorgeous, Marcia!

Linda said...

Marcia, so much texture and beauty on your card. Beautiful card, my friend.

Bonnie said...

I love how you've used this fantastic set, Marcia! And embossing the design after stamping is a brilliant idea! Love this, my friend!

Loll said...

Beautiful card Marcia! LOVE those gorgeous sunflowers. So clever to stamp and then emboss your card front. So pretty and full of texture. Great work, my friend! Love, Loll

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you've reminded me how wonderful those colored images are when dry-embossed!! Another set to borrow - love those sweet sunflowers!
Thanks for sending this one over to The Flower Challenge's birthday - and very sweet way to add a sentiment, my friend!
=]