Monday, October 3, 2022

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge - Oct. 2022

Hello friends.  Tis the month for ghosts and goblins, so I'm playing along with the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge where this month it's Anything Goes Halloween!


My sweet friend Michele let me borrow her Pumpkin House die set from PTI and here's what I came up with...


I started by blending my nighttime sky with a few different blue inks and then splattered some diluted white acrylic paint to look like stars.  Next came the really fun part of die cutting all 762 pieces (just kidding...not that many pieces, but there are a LOT!!) from white cardstock and then coloring them all up with my sponge daubers and DOX inks for most of the pieces, and my blending brushes and Copics for a few of the others!


 Once everything was arranged, I glued everything down and also added some glitter to the moon and two stars.  That cute little door on the pumpkin is put on with the 2 hinges so the door can actually swing open, but I opted to add a foam dot to the back to make it look partially open and not flap open!


My final touch was adding two vellum ghosts (PTI's Tiny Town: Spooksville Manor) because Michele and Bonnie had both used vellum ghosts on a couple cards they made and I just loved the idea...thanks ladies!!

This card will be heading its way to someone special later this month!  Thanks again Michele for letting me borrow this fun set...I loved playing with it!  There's also a lot more Halloween inspiration from the DT right HERE, so get out those Halloween bats and cats and everything else Halloweenish and play along!!  This challenge is open till Oct. 28.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely adorable Halloween card! Love it!

Bonnie said...

As Michele says, you are the Queen of Daubers and brushes too, my friend! Your colors are awesome and it looks like it could be over 700 pieces to me. My hat goes off to you and thanks for the shout out, my friend!

Tee said...

Great design! Love the pumpkin house, so cute! Gorgeous Halloween card.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks to me like Michele put that set in good hands! What a spooktacular little scene you've created, Marcia! And yes, the vellum ghosts are the perfect idea!

TK said...

Cute as a bug's ear! Really darling card

Birgit said...

I can't even get over how cute this card is, Marcia! I keep looking at the pictures and oohing and aahing over every little detail. The sparkling moon and stars are over the top, the cutest touch. Wait! No, the vellum ghosts are. Or maybe the random candy corn that is scattered about. I LOL when I read the comment about the 762 pieces. I believed you and then got a good laugh at myself and you and your sense of humor. Anyway, this card is adorable!!

Diane said...

Fabulously fun and cute Halloween scene you have created, love those little vellum ghosts too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats! We have a NEW challenge blog starting today that is all about stencils, if you like to stencil then check it out, link is below!!
Diane TOB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Two Old Bats}
{Stencil Fun}

Cat Craig said...

such a fun festive scene, and those vellum ghosts are fantastic.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness gracious, what a fantastic die set and an utterly darling and fun card! I can truly appreciate how it seems like 762 pieces. These days I try to avoid too many small parts but, ohhhh, how fun they are when done! This is just way too dang cute! Love the vellum ghosts and the propped open door. Perfect splatters, too!

Sherri Thacker said...

I have this pumpkin house and love it so much! I love how you added the teeny tiny ghosts to yours! So cute!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aww!! what a sweet and "spooky" pumpkin house!! I love the layout of all of these cute elements.
Thank you for sharing with us at 2 OLD BATS.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria/DT