Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Pinkfresh Studio's Create & Connect Christmas Event

Hello friends.  This past weekend I spoiled myself by doing Pinkfresh Studio's Create & Connect Christmas Event, which consisted of four 2 hour classes taught by Heather Hoffman, Carissa Wiley, Lea Lawson, & Laura Bassen.  The kit they send you is filled with never before released Christmas stamps, dies, stencils & cover plate dies, and also the coolest little mini blending brushes that are perfect for adding shading to all those smaller areas in a stencil!  Each class was fast paced, but if you did your "homework" beforehand, it wasn't too hard to keep up.  There were 2 classes Saturday, and 2 classes Sunday, and yes, by the end I was tuckered, but had a lot of beautiful Christmas cards to add to my stash!  It was a fun, FUN event, and I hope I can do it again next year!

My post is a little picture heavy today, so just sit back and enjoy.  Remember also that none of the products I used are available to the public yet...only the 1084 who took the classes received the new items.  PFS is usually pretty quick to release new items after an event, so hopefully if you see anything I used that you really want for yourself, it will be available soon.  OK, here we go...


This first class was taught by Heather Hoffman, and we got to use this beautiful new bauble ornament stamp, stencil, & die set.  The card on the left was heat embossed with gold before stenciling, while the card on the right was just stenciled with no heat embossing or stamping.  I think I like the embossing on it a bit better as it defines the florals better.  Such a beautiful set to play with and I will definitely be using these products again!!


 Our 2nd class was taught by Carissa Wiley, and while her cards were a lot more involved, she walked us through step by step and they turned out beautifully!


 

Carissa had also shared a "PINK" version of the 1st card, and of course I had to try it out...


I loved both color combinations and let me tell you that all of these cards bring new meaning to the words SPARKLE & SHINE!!


Class 3 was taught by Lea Lawson and our first card was a twofer using a background stamp that was gold embossed and stenciled and then cut in 2 on a diagonal so you could make 2 cards!  Both of these cards also use the Snowflake cover plate die that's been used in most of my other cards too, and it just makes the most BEAUTIFUL backgrounds!  It is a real pain to get all the little chards poked out of the cardstock and the die, but SO worth the extra effort!  


This card also used the Mistletoe and Holly background stamp, but not cut in half this time.  Lea used gold glitter cardstock for her frame, but I had run out of what gold glitter cardstock I had on hand with my other cards, so I substituted the gold mirror cardstock for the frame (which is also part of the kit).  


 Our last class was taught by Laura Bassen, and while Laura's style is a much less ornate and more clean, her cards were no less beautiful than all the others!  I loved using the set of 3 stencils for the backgrounds on both cards and the different color combos on the leaf and berry stamps.  

Are you still with me??!!  I know this was a picture heavy post, but didn't want to leave anything out as it was such a FUN weekend and just filled with ideas using all these new supplies!  PFS really impressed me with everything included in this kit, and of course all four classes and the instructors...definitely a weekend to remember!!  These events are a little pricey upfront, but you do get your money's worth and they're just fun, Fun, FUN!!!  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Your cards are beautiful!

Birgit said...

These are all just gorgeous Marcia! I didn't want the post to end. The bauble set used in the first set of cards is stunning and I liked them both, with and without the heat embossing. The card on the right has a dreamy, ethereal look to it, like a Monet painting. The snowflake cards are so detailed and filled with beautiful texture. I love the touches of gold and vellum you used, and the pink one is refreshing in non-traditional colors. The Holly and berries is a set that I would definitely love to add to my crafty collection. Your cards are brilliant, and I love the background stenciling on those as well. Looks like it was an amazingly fun weekend my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - what amazing cards from your weekend of class, Marcia!! So much sparkle and shine - love, love, love!!

I Card Everyone said...

Did you say Mistletoe and Holly?? A favorite during the holidays and these are so BERRY beautiful, Marcia!

I love the tone-on-tone white snowflakes you've made with the background die AND the gorgeous snowflakes, too! A most wonderful sentiment set!

One of these years I'll have to join you for this Create and Connect Christmas class!
=]

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun way to spend the weekend and what a bevy of beautiful Christmas cards from it! My favorites are those delicate snowflakes! So many beautiful cards, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This is s whole lot of pretty, Marcia! I would say you received an A+ in this class and your weekend was well spent. Just look at all of the fabulous Christmas cards for your stash!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous cards, Marcia! I have the kit but was not able to watch the videos live...and the only one I have seen is Laura's, just because I know she is more CAS and I could do it quicker than the other more involved cards. I am excited to finally have some time and play...I am kind of waiting for the rain because DH and I have been completing a landscape that has never been done in the 13 years we have been here, and one thing leading to another, it is finally taking shape, but so much work and I am sore and worn out and ready to just sit and play...but it looks like NO rain in the forecast for another 10 days! NNOOOO!
Thanks for sharing all your cards, it is pure inspiration and I am excited to get to that point! Heart Hugs, Col

Sue said...

It was such a fun weekend spent with so many other stampers! I also hope I can participate again next year! As you already know, I love all your cards!

Cat Craig said...

I can tell just by looking at the lovely cards, that you had a great time. Sounds like fun.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow wowie wow! Spectacular cards, Marcia! I vowed not to buy any more Christmas stamps this year, but the ornaments on the first and all those gorgeous mistletoe and holly stamps... sigh. I love Laura Bassen's style so those last two cards are very appealing to me. All are simply gorgeous! That's quite a batch of supplies you got. I get emails about the classes, but online real time classes are not something that works for me at all. I know it would be super fun under the right circumstances. Thank you for taking the time to share all these amazing cards!