Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Double D Challenge - BIRDS

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge today and they are looking for BIRDS this time around.  I may have a few...


 I really wished I'd had a Woodpecker stamp or die like the top left photo, but made do with a puffy little bluebird from PTI (Feathered Friends Mini 4) that I've had for quite awhile and never inked up.  Here's what I came up with...


Isn't he a cutie?!  Had to stamp a few to get one that lined up just right, but I've got the hang of it now!  :0)  I used my new embossing folder from Spellbinders (Hydrangea Blooms) for my background, and then settled my birdie on a branch from The Greetery's Big Branches Ruscus Die that I splattered with a bit of white and black ink.  


  I had a leftover bloom from Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms die set and added it to my branch to make my card a bit more Spring like.  Hard to tell in my photo, but my sentiment is foiled in gold using Spellbinder's Everyday Sentiments II hot foil plate set.  A single gold metallic pearl (PFS) finished off my card.

Think my card needs to also go over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge too, since this is the birdies debut today after sitting in my stamp bin for ages and ages!!


If you LOVE birds like I do, make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Feb. 26th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

He is perched and ready for sprint for sure. Lovely card.

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, this little bird is the sweetest thing! How perfect he looks perched on his flowering branch with the nicely coordinated embossing in the background. Gosh, this is pretty, Marcia! I know you're happy to have finally stamped your darling bird. He'll be sitting pretty on your cards for many years to come! Marcia, thank you so much for playing along with us at Double D!

Loll said...

So adorable Marcia! Love this sweet bird on a branch with the pretty embossed background. xx

I Card Everyone said...

This little cutie could be SO many different birds, Marcia! You do have a perfect handle on those layers, my friend - perhaps you should just keep stamping?? lol
LOve this little bluebird on his lovely perch - the background is fabulous, too!
=]

Bonnie said...

I'm glad this cutie got an outing, Marcia! He's adorable and I love all the detail on the leaves and the added splatter! The little bloom is a perfect addition. The Bradford Pear trees are starting to bloom here already!

Darnell said...

Your sweet bluebird is stamped beautifully, Marcia, and you've given him a lovely speckled blossom branch and background to perch on. The gold-foiled sediment finishes it perfectly! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, this is a sweet little bird and I love where you've perched him! The EF in the background is fabulous!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous...so elegant. That new EF in the background is fantastic. So much texture and design. Love the spatters on the branch. Cute little birdie. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, Bird, Challenge.

TK said...

Beautiful! I love your sweet pot-bellied little bird, he's so fluffy and adorable. Kinda jealous you can line up "layered" stamps, something I can't seem to grasp but I'll enjoy yours instead

Birgit said...

Your plump little blue bird is delightful Marcia! He looks right at home over the flowered background. I love the addition of the ink splatters too. Adorably cute!!

Darlene said...

OH Marcia ... this is absolutely beautiful! LOVE the embossed background (don't forget about our embossing challenge blog ... Can You Handle the Pressure) and that sweet birdie looks so content on that branch with the pretty flower. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Bobby said...

This is so sweet and very Spring-like, Marcia. I think those mini-birds are difficult to line up too so once I get it down I like to do a bunch.