Tuesday, February 7, 2023

The Flower Challenge #77

Hello friends.  The Flower Challenge is back and this month they would like to see our latest flower stamps or dies.


Well this was an easy one for me as probably 90% of my stamp buys are flowers, and I just happened to have bought the Magnolia Pattern stamp and coordinating stencils from the latest PFS release.  Here's what I came up with for my 1st play with this new set...

What I loved most about this stamp/stencil combo was that after you finish stamping your background stamp in black and then using the stencils to add color, there's still black & white left on this image!  I used a variety of Gina K and PFS inks in light pinks, corals, greens, & teals to do my stenciling and then added to a top folding white card base.  


At this point I stamped and stenciled a single flower and fussy cut it out, and then added it to a gold foiled diamond (PFS - Nested Diamonds) with a bit of foam tape behind it, and then added my gold foiled sentiment (PFS - Fancy Script Words) just below the fussy cut flower.  To finish I added a few gold metallic pearls (PFS).  

Make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the talented DT and then play  along with your new goodies right HERE.  This challenge closes on the 25th @ 5:00PM.   
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this is GORGEOUS!! I hadn't given this set a second look - until NOW! Thanks for pointing out the nuance of this stencil! Such a beautiful way to say thank you!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Stunning. The gold foil accents are gorgeous and I too like the bit of black and white left over.

Lisa Elton said...

Ooh La La would you look at this little beauty! Good to know the deets about this stamp/stencil set. The colors are pretty and I like the elegance the gold brings. Fabulous card, Marcia!

Greta said...

Beautifully created, Marcia! Love the focal point!

Nancy Penir said...

I told you on instagram, but with a closer look, I'll elevating my comment to WOW! You're color blending is a phenom, and over the top! Beautiful flowers, gonna have to have those... gorgeous layout, colors wow, and love the b/w sketchy look too. I smell a winner... btw, is someone catching up to me in age soon???

Leslie Miller said...

I always oooh and ahhh when your cards come into view. This is a breathtaking beauty! Love the parts with no color as well as the rest of it. Those flowers are scrumptious and the diamond sentiment panel with the one flower cut out and added is the next level!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Marcia! I too, am loving the contrast of the leftover black and white with the colored portion of this beautiful image. The foiled diamond with the off hanging sentiment and single flower are brilliant! You never cease to amaze me with your stunning work.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is a beautiful stamp and your stenciled coloring is gorgeous! I also love that gold diamond with the fussy cut flower!

Stef Perry said...

What a beautiful card Marcia! Your stenciled color mix is sooo gorgeous and the dimension with the layered bloom over the sentiment diamond is just the perfect element! So glad you joined us at The Flower Challenge and thanks for enabling me lol - that stamp and stencil set is now on my wish list

Aileen said...

Wow Marcia what a stunning beautiful eye catching creation. Your colouring and this wonderful stamp. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Bobby said...

The color variations on the flowers are marvelous, Marcia, and I love all the added gold details. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.