Thursday, February 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #58 - LIME GREEN & CYAN

Hello friends.  Time for a new challenge at Color Hues and this time we're looking for LIME GREEN and CYAN.


I had to google CYAN as it looked a lot like Aqua to me, but there is a touch of green in CYAN that I wasn't seeing in my computer colors.  I ended up finding a couple Catherine Pooler inks that worked well I think...Lime Rickey and Fiesta Blue.  Take a look and see what you think...


I started by taking my 2 ink colors (one at a time) and smooshing them onto a piece of acetate, spritzed with water, and then smooshed my cardstock onto the ink.  Once it was dry I used a stencil (Gina K - Brick Wall) and some light gray ink and lightly went over my smooshed panel.  I also used the same gray ink and a script stamp from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks stamp set and once again lightly stamped over the smooshed colors, although it's very hard to see in my photos...grrrr!!


Next I stamped my image using Gina K's Pretty Posy stamp set in black, along with the "wishes" from the same stamp set.  I also did a bit of black splattering at this point.  I die cut my panel and attached to The Greetery's Postal Frames Die and then tied a piece of crochet thread around these two layers before attaching to a top folding white card base.  My final step was embossing the "birthday" sentiment on a small strip of black cardstock in white and attaching with foam tape for a little dimension.  I also added a silver gem (PFS) for a bit of bling.  Not my usual style of card, but I really like how it turned out!

It's YOUR turn now, so check out the rest of the inspiration from our talented DT and GD, and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I think this fantastic artsy style suits you to a tee! LOve the smooshing technique for adding those challenge colors! Such your sweet little line-art garden, and your black sentiments also just pop!
Well done, my friend - it's gorgeous!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I know you had fun making this background and it turned out amazing! Loving the smooshed colors over brick with the added script and splatters. Once you mentioned it I could see the script in the photo. I understand how uncooperative those dang photos can be. The flower stamp shows up so prettily in black with no added color. Brilliant all over, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

This just makes me happy, Marcia! The smooshing, the black outline flowers, the postal frame... it all adds up to one perfectly delightful card!

Birgit said...

This is delightfully artistic my friend! I like the smooshed background and stenciled bricks. I can see the script in the close up photo and I love it. The postage edge frame and twine...... I just love everything about this sweet card!

Cat Craig said...

I love this, Marcia. The color combo works beautifully with the brickwork and outline stamps.

Julie B said...

These colours work well with the brickwork stencil and outline flowers Marcia. As for colours, think you and I have a match! :)

Karen said...

I love the mixed-media look you've created here with the lovely smooshed background and stencil. The floral silhouette is perfect against it!

Linda said...

Marcia, so pretty and so much texture. I forget about smooshing and should use it sometimes instead of always doing the same thing. Lol Thanks for having me as the GD at Color Hues Challenge.

Nancy said...

It is nice to step out of our zones now and again and I believe you stepped into a design that suits you to a tee. This is gorgeous, Marcia! Have a great day!

TK said...

Great use of the inspiration colors, and they're perfectly fit for use with the gray. Pretty card, Marcia!

Loll said...

LOVE your smooshed background with the challenge colours, Marcia. Adding your layered stenciling and stamping over top gives the card amazing visual depth. xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is such a fun mixed media kind of look. It is fantastic, I love everything about your design! I used the exact same CP ink colours for my card this week. Thank you for making the colors shine!

Bonnie said...

I really like how this turned out too, Marcia! The stenciling and subtle stamping make a fantastic background without overpowering this beautiful bouquet! I think you rocked these colors, my friend!

Stef Perry said...

What a fabulous design Marcia! You combined all those different elements perfectly for one sweet birthday card! I totally love the smooshed and stenciled background and adding the floral line stamp was genius! Plus, I NEED that postage stamp die set - we're all such good enablers for one another, right?

JulieP said...

I think you nailed the colors! I'm loving that subtle brick background of the card. Just beautiful.

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia! I enjoyed reading your thoughts as you created this GORGEOUS card! I do love the colors and how great they look on your smooshed background! Your extra touches and the bold sentiment are lovely. Mixed media mastery!