Monday, February 13, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #33

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge and they have the most absolutely BEAUTIFUL mood board to inspire us.


To me, the hearts signify what Christmas is all about...LOVE!  And how perfect to include a heart on our Christmas cards...I love this idea!!  I got a new Poinsettia die for Christmas, and paired with the new Heart Arrow Die from The Greetery, I came up with this CAS card...


I started with a white panel that I die cut the Heart Arrow Die with, and then embossed the panel with SSS's Holiday Greenery EF.  I die cut the Heart Arrow Die a 2nd time in Real Red cs and inlaid it into the embossed white panel.  Next I smooshed a piece of white cs with water and Real Red ink, let it dry, and then die cut with Waffle Flowers Layered Poinsettia Dies.  I absolutely LOVE the tiny holes that are cut out with each layer of the leaves on these dies!  Here's a closer up so you can see...


I also used some scrap dsp (I think it's SU!) to cut the leaves from and I love the little bit of contrast they give from all the red & white.  I finished with a strip sentiment from Gina K and some PFS Ruby Glitter Drops.

There are so many GORGEOUS inspiration cards from the DT and already in the gallery, so check it all out right HERE and play along if you're looking to stay ahead with your Christmas cards this year.  This challenge ends on the 16th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Birgit said...

This is stunning, Marcia! What a great way to extend the use of a heart die too. Your smooshed poinsettia turned out fabulous! The embossed background adds even more beautiful texture. I see a winner here!

Bonnie said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card, Marcia! The heart works perfectly with this gorgeous poinsettia! I love the splattered color! The embossed background is perfect for showing all the color off! HB2U, my friend.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Marcia. Love your smooshed poinsettia. I agree with you on that die - it makes a lovely poinsettia. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Hugs, JoAnn

Cat Craig said...

definitely a wonderful combo of elements.

Leslie Miller said...

Hello birthday girl! You have another gorgeous card here today! Getting some mileage out of the heart die and I love that. A fabulous poinsettia beautifully created, both popped onto that amazing embossed background and all brought together with the perfect sentiment. What a wonderful Christmas card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card with the poinsettia and heart, Marcia! Hope you're enjoying a wonderful birthday - happiest bday wishes to you!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely idea for a Christmas card Marcia! Love the heart design and that beautiful poinsettia. I’ve just popped over from Bonnie’s blog where she mentioned you are having a special day. Happy birthday to you! Hope you are having a lovely day. Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Marcia! I got this poinsettia die for Christmas too and can't wait to use it. It pairs well with your new heart die. HAPPIEST of BIRTHDAY wishes to you! I hope you had the sunny day that we had here <3

TK said...

Beautiful! And I love your heart too. Yes, we both had the same idea and posted about the same time! I think I had my "Michele F" hat on - lol

Diane said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful and a perfect take on our mood board, what a treasure this will be to the recipient!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}
{Triple B} NEW March 3rd
{Stencil Fun}

Loll said...

Beautiful design Marcia! Your new heart die-cut looks fabulous with the layered poinsettia and leaves tucked inside. xx

Bobby said...

This brought to mind the hymn "Love Came Down at Christmas", Marcia. What a lovely card with that smooshed poinsettia and embossed background.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at POE Christmas Challenge.

TK said...

Congratulations!! This beauty got you the win!