Friday, February 24, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #34

Hello friends.  I'm playing with the Peace On Earth Challenge today and they have a FABULOUS mood board for us to follow...


Don't you just LOVE red and white for Christmas??!  It's one of my favorite color combinations for the holidays!!  I mean I love all the color combinations, but there's just something that's more than "traditional" about red & white at Christmas and I really do LOVE it!!  Having said that, I didn't really follow the striped or candy cane suggestion in the photo, but came up with this so I could finally play with TH's Twig & Stump die set!  Take a look...


I mean come on...how can you NOT fall in LOVE with these two?!!  Twig just totally cracks me up with that kind of "blank" look on his face!  (He's probably wondering why we're all wishing Winter would end!!)   Anyway, after assembling all the die cut pieces (there are a few...Tim's good at that!!), I adhered them both plus a Woodlands tree (TH) to a white panel that I'd embossed with an older retired SU! folder called Winter Snow, and then added that panel to a white card base that I'd added a panel of polka dotted dsp from PTI.


Tim does such a great job with all the little details in his dies and one of my favorite things in this set is the arms for the snowmen...he has them going in multiple directions so you can choose what their arms are doing...so fun!  For my sentiment I kept it simple and added a star stamped with "very merry" from PTI's Tiny Tags set along with some black & white baker's twine.

Lots and lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT, so take a look right HERE if you're like me and want to keep making Christmas cards all year long so you're ready when December comes!  This challenge is open till Thursday March 2nd @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love these guys holding hands and very smart they are too!

I Card Everyone said...

I did! Fall in love that is! From the tips of their carrot noses to that adorable little star tag - I couldn't love this more! What a cute couple of snow dudes, Marcia!
Can't wait until we get our thaw!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

I love them SO MUCH and wanted them from the get go, but got an older set on sale instead, boohoo. Not that I don't love the set I got. I also love the crisp red and white, the tree, the embossed background, and the polka dots. It's so cute how you arranged Twig's arms to show his affection for his friend and make them both even more lovable. This is the most adorable snowman card ever!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this is beyond cute. I love the polka dots and the scene is a heart stealer.

Lisa Elton said...

You know you had me with the polka dots and then you added those two cute frosty fellas! This is layered in winter fun, Marcia and it's just delightful!

Lia said...

Those two snowmen are the cutest |I have seen since a long time. What a lovely card!!
Lia DT POE

Cindy Beach said...

This has me dreaming of a peppermint snow wonderland, Marcia! The snowmen are adorable and you have combined just the right elements to make them shine!

Maria said...

What a lovely card with the darling snowmen! They are too cute! A wonderful snowy scene, so pretty!

Birgit said...

Adorable, Marcia! I love how the snow glistens in the trees, just like in real life on a frosty morning.

TK said...

Such an adorable card, Marcia, and yes -- Twigs and Stump are hilarious! They're so fun

Bonnie said...

I really need to get Twig & Stump out to play! They are so cute and I love how you've arranged them in this snowy scene! That polka-dot paper makes everything so festive!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... so adorable Marcia!! xx

Bobby said...

Thos guys look fab in red and white, Marcia. I love that shiny tree and the tiny tag. That was a great way to add a sentiment.