Friday, February 10, 2023

Double D Challenge - HEARTS

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge today with a cute little Valentine card for my hubby.


I was inspired not only by the beautiful hearts mood board, but also by Bonnie Klass's cute CCC/Anita Jeram card (HERE).  I have quite a collection of the cute little critters myself (have I mentioned before how much I like paper mice better than the real ones??!!) and after seeing Bonnie's darling card I went digging through my stash to see what I had, and came up with the Ever Thine stamp set, and came up with this card...


  I started by making a background using Gina K's Layered Hearts stencils, using red, pink & orange inks that was left on my ink blending brushes.  


I matted my stenciled layer to a piece of black cardstock and then adhered both a white card base. Next I die cut a Heart Arrow Die (The Greetery)  and added to my stenciled background before attaching my cute little PAPER mouse from the Ever Thine stamp set.  I did pop him up with some foam tape for a little dimension, and then finished with just a few clear sequins.

There is LOTS of FABULOUS inspiration for you from the DT over at the Double D Challenge, so if you need to finish up those Valentines, this is a terrific spot for inspiration!  This challenge is open till the 12th @ 8:00PM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




11 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, had to pop by to see where that darling came from. So darn cute, and you've colored him perfectly. Love this card!

Tee said...

Super cute! Love the background and that adorable mouse!

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

This is really cute! You like paper mice better than the real?

Bonnie said...

Awh! This little guy is so sweet surrounded by all these hearts! Thanks for the shoutout. You and Michele have inspired me to use these critters. I may have to order some more.

Lisa Elton said...

If a mouse this cute showed up at my house, I would be tempted to give him a snack and have a conversation with him LOL! This is cute beyond words, Marcia! I'm smitten!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... this is just adorable and awesome! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Leslie Miller said...

Ever Thine -- that's so sweet! These Anita Jeram critters are darling and your little mousie sweetheart is perfect for your human sweetheart. Heart melting, really. Love the heart die and the beautifully detailed heart stencil background. I'm happy to see you with us at Double D, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Aww so sweet, hubby is sure to feel loved getting this darling card.

Linda said...

What an adorable card, Marcia. Love your stenciled background hearts to showcase your little mouse.

Birgit said...

How did I miss this adorable card?? What a sweet blended background for the darling little mouse. I'm so glad you linked up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you, my friend.

Bobby said...

I prefer paper mice too, Marcia, and beginning to regret not getting of the AJ ones. He is darling standing among those fabulous stenciled hearts.