Monday, February 27, 2023

Having FUN with Papertrey Inks' Spring Release

Hello friends.  I had a great weekend playing with 3 new items from PTI's new Spring release that came out last week (it shipped super fast!!) and thought I'd share some of it with you.  I would have bought the whole release it was so good, but money constraints and all that!  I made good use of the 3 things I did buy though and added in some older PTI products too.  This is a pretty picture heavy post, and I'm not going to explain a lot of how I made each card, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section and I'll get back to you.

My first card uses the new Wild Blooms Stencil Set and the older Pierced Feature Frames Dies...


Definitely makes you think SPRING, doesn't it?!


The Spring die cut is from The Greetery and the dotted leaf background is from MB's Pinpoint Leaf Plate.


This one was based off a CASE of one of Melissa Phillips cards...I just LOVE her work!!  The die cut layer is from the new Elegant Edges: Spring Flowers.  The flowers are from PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlias and DSP is Bitty Big Sweet Blush.  


The sentiment is from a Penny Black set and gems are PFS.


As much as I love that new stencil, I think this is my favorite card that I basically CASE'd from Seeka.  (PTI Designer)  Ink blended the background and used the Elegant Edge: Spring Flowers die over top.  The sentiment is another from Penny Black and one of my all time favorite sentiments!


This was a FUN one to make using the new Happy Bunnies stamp set.  I didn't buy the die set and was pretty proud of the way I fussy cut everything...especially inside the handle of the basket!  I also used the large Fence Die (PTI) behind the bunny and basket.


Lots of fun little elements to use in this stamp set, and I also stenciled the background using that Wild Blooms set again...it's pretty addicting!!

If you're still with me, thanks for hanging out that long with me...I appreciate it and hope you enjoyed seeing how I spent the weekend.  Well back to my nursing duties...we made it 3 years without either hubby or I getting Covid and guess who tested positive yesterday??!!  One of his co-workers came down with it last week, so it's still out there friends, and we all need to still be vigilant.  We've both been boosted so hopefully it will be a mild case for him and I won't get it!!  Of course he is a guy, so I don't know if the word "mild" even applies...

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Birgit said...

Looks like you had a busy weekend playing with your new things. Each card is fabulous! I love the stencils on the first card! In fact, I love everything about that card, from the pinpoint background to the raised frame. What a pretty, pretty card! The cards with the floral sprays are gorgeous as well. Great blending on the third card. I can't skip by that adorable bunny card. I've been admiring all the cards I've seen made with this set. So, so cute! Sorry to hear about Chris. I hope he is feeling better soon and I especially hope and pray that you don't get it. Praying for you both.

Cat Craig said...

Oh how wonderful it must have been to get totally immersed in a batch of fresh new stamps dies and stencils when they arrived. IT sure looks like you had a fabulous time of it. All of the cards are beautiful and spring-y. Well done.

Bobby said...

I don't know how you do it, Marcia, but you get those new releases in your hands and go wild making the most fabulous cards. I couldn't even tell you which is my favorite. That stencil looks pretty fantastic but so is that edge die. The bunny is darling with all his carrots and eggs.

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, you make the most beautiful and fun cards with your supplies it makes me wonder if I'm buying all the wrong things. I don't even have any PTI stamps. I know, gasp! How fabulous and amazing each one or your cards is! I cannot pick a favorite, but I do love the bunny card for all its cuteness and the big smile it gave me. My goodness, the center card with the added flowers and patterned paper... the stenciled flowers on the first card... the blended background on your CAS card... love it ALL! As far as I know we have not had COVID yet, either. Rich has COPD so we do not want it and he's being very careful even with the vaccine and all the boosters. I'm sorry it came to your house after all this time. I hope your husband recovers quickly and that it stays away from you. Hugs!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you had LOTS OF FUN, my friend! Love those wildflowers in the purple and the bright colors! You make me want to shop again! Good luck with the nursing. I hope your hubby does have a mild case and you don't get it at all. Keep those hands washed and maybe wear a mask when you have to go close. Prayers for good health.

Lisa Elton said...

That new release could not be in better hands, these are just marvelous! The wildflowers do look like spring and you know I'm smitten with the second polka dotty card. The sentiment on the third is beautiful and makes me think of my Sweet P. You nailed the fussy cutting on your cute Easter card! Prayers that hubby does have a mild case and that you DON'T get it. Hang in there nurse Marcia ;)

Loll said...

You made the BEST use of your weekend, Marcia. These cards are amazing. I'm so blown away by your designs, details, and the beautiful mix of colours. So much eye candy, I could stare at this post for hours! :) You must be so thrilled with your new purchases. You know Darnell would love for you to enter one of your cards into NBUS!

I'm just not up for making many cards right now. A bit of a struggle to get a few done lately, but hopefully I'll be back at it before too long so I can take advantage to make some spring cards. Thank you for the lovely inspiration. Love, Loll