Friday, September 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #71 - TANGERINE & VIOLET

Hello friends.  Can you believe it's September already?!  Tracey is our hostess for this new challenge at Color Hues, and she would like to see Tangerine & Violet on our cards.


My first thought was Halloween when I saw this color combo, but I'm still trying to hold on to Summer, so I went with a floral theme.  Brought out an older PFS set called Cosmos Bunch and came up with this...


I stamped and stenciled the image with Tangerine Twist, Lovely Lavender, & Wild Lilac inks (Gina K), leaving the leaves plain.  My background was hot foiled using Spellbinder's Geometric Optical Background plate and Prism hot foil and then attached to my card base.  After die cutting the floral image, I added foam tape to the back before attaching to the foiled background.


 I finished by foiling my sentiment (Memory Box's Posh Hello) onto a scrap of violet cardstock with the Prism foil (much lighter in real life!) and also adding a few violet gemstones (PFS).  The Prism foil is more of an iridescent silver, but the light hitting it makes it look more gold!  LOVE the way this turned out!!

Make sure you check out what the rest of the DT came up with to inspire you right HERE, and then play along with us.  We'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!  This challenge is open till September 14th @ 9:00AM

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm trying to hold on to Summer, too, Marcia! I think florals are the way to go! LOVE, Love, love your purple Cosmos bouquet with these tangerine treats!
I dropped the ball on red and yellow - I'll do better this time!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

This blew me away when it first popped up on the screen! All the color and those beautiful flowers and background! You always manage to make two colors look completely spectacular!

Lisa Elton said...

I love your use of the colors, Marcia! I agree, lets hold onto summer for as long as we can. Your beautiful florals sure do help in that department!

Karen said...

I have to admit I'm surprised I never thought of Halloween with this color combo--but I didn't think of florals either, and yours are gorgeous! I love that foiled background and the foiled sentiment is just perfect! Love this.

Julie B said...

Hopefully we will have an Indian summer this year as the actual summer has been pretty disappointing! My cosmos are still full of flowers and will hopefully remain until the first frost. Your foiled background and sentiment bring the pretty bouquet to life. :)

Birgit said...

Yes, hold on to summer for as long as possible! Your card is beautiful Marcia! The foiled background is so pretty in the prism of colors. A perfect jumping point for those lovely flowers!

Bobby said...

I thought of floral too, Marcia, but didn't know what to do about the leaves. You solved that problem by leaving them white which looks wonderful with the tangerine and violet flowers. Love that foiled background.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I'm ot even sure where to start besides, I love this card so very much. The Cosmos are so lovely and your colouring is just devine. I was thinking Halloween too, but like you I was to hold of to summer just a little bit longer.

Bonnie said...

WOW! I love how the foiled background picks up the colors in the flowers, Marcia! You hang on to summer as long as you can.

Nancy said...

I love that you decided to go floral instead of the obvious choice like me, Marcia. This is really gorgeous and also inspires our participants to think outside the box.

JulieP said...

You are a clever one! It never occurred to me to let leaves stay colorless ... one reason why I don't make too many floral cards for this challenge. I'm definitely going to follow your lead. This is gorgeous!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, yes, I am smiling to see this gorgeous summery card! How beautiful those flowers look in the soft hues, and I love that foiled background! Everything about this card is lovely!

cm said...

Marcia, your Cosmos Bunch is absolutely gorgeous and the foiled background really adds to the impact. A wonderful image to 'hold on' to summer for a while longer. Love this!
~carol

TK said...

Yay, so glad you went non-Halloween because this is just gorgeous!!!

Stef Perry said...

Oh Marcia, your this is just stunning! The flowers are beautiful and that foiled background makes my metallic-loving heart happy! I thought of florals too but I couldn't resist going for Halloween. Love that you did resist and made this beautiful card!