Friday, August 30, 2024

Meadow Greens

Hello friends.  I had been looking at some of my older PTI sets the other day and pulled out Meadow Greens which has been a long time favorite of mine.  And then yesterday I went to visit a couple friends blog posts and low and behold, they both had used the same Meadow Greens stamp set for the challenge at JUGS which is for us players to CASE a DT member.  Lisa and Bobby had both used the Meadow Greens stamp set so beautifully that I just had to CASE them both!!

I probably CASE'd Lisa's card a bit more by staying in the green & white color family with my cards (I made 2), but I sure did love Bobby's card just as much with her beautiful blue background!  Here's what I came up with for my 1st card...


  I started with a panel of kraft cardstock and stamped the ferns in Old Olive ink and the leaves in Mossy Meadow ink (both SU!).  Next I embossed the Queen Anne's Lace stamp with white over my ferns and leaves, and then dry embossed the whole panel with SU!'s FERN embossing folder.


 Here's a close up so you can hopefully see a bit of the fern embossing in the background.  I did go over the edges with a bit of Walnut Stain DI and my blender brush.  I stamped my sentiment (The Greetery's New Day Sentiments) on vellum and then tore the edges before wrapping it around the stamped panel and attaching to a white card base.  


My 2nd card is embossing on the front of a piece of vellum (the Queen Anne's Lace and the sentiment) and then stamping on the back of the vellum with the ferns and leaves (all from the Meadow Greens set).  I had first tried stamping on another piece of kraft with the ferns and leaves, but because I was using a thicker vellum, the ferns and leaves didn't show through hardly at all.  Stamping directly on the back of the vellum made them show up a bit better, but it's still a very soft image.  You can see it better in my close up photo...


After my vellum panel dried, I attached it to a piece of white cardstock at the top and bottom by cutting my vellum a bit bigger length wise so I could fold it over and adhere to the back of the white panel.  Both layers were then attached to a kraft card base.  I fussy cut a couple extra leaves out and attached them to the front panel and also tied a piece of twine to the left side.

I'm going to add this 2nd card to the gals over at GO7 where they are playing with vellum this month.


  You can check out all the fabulous cards from the DT's at both challenges HERE (for JUGS) and HERE for GO7.  A BIG THANKS to Lisa and Bobby for their beautiful inspiration that got me started!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both of these are breathtaking, Marcia! The combination of heat and dry embossing on the kraft with the vellum sentiment is awesome! And I love the contrast of the embossed vellum, fussy cut leaves and dreamy stamping on the back of the vellum! I feel a CASE coming on!

Birgit said...

They are both stunning, Marcia! You picked the perfect colors and added such wonderful texture with dry embossing and heat embossing. Stamping on the back of the vellum is a brilliant idea, and your fussy cutting skills always amaze me. Two brilliant cards today!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous CASE of Lisa/Bobby, Marcia - love how you did the Queen Anne's lace on both cards but especially on the vellum!!

Loll said...

Both cards are GORGEOUS, my friend! LOVE the beautifully stamped leaves on the kraft with the white highlighted Queen Anne's Lace flowers. The white really pops!! And your vellum banner is just perfect to show off the sentiment, but not cover your lovely stamping. Second card is awesome with the vellum panel stamped on both sides. This is one of my favourite techniques for using vellum. The die-cut leaves and twine are just perfect finishing touches for your design. Great work Marcia! Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

Bobby said...

I'm so glad you pulled out that set, Marcia. Both cards are gorgeous and I love how different they are in the techniques you used. Thanks for sharing the first one with us at Just Us Girls.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your CASE of our cards, Marcia! Bobby and I picked on older set and I'm so happy to see you using it too. It's truly one that never gets old or goes out of style. Glad you added the ferns. I need to get it out again and use those! The dry embossing is fabulous and I'm loving your vellum version. Thanks so much for playing along at Just Us Girls!

TK said...

Not one, but TWO beautiful CASEs, Marcia! Both are so pretty, and you all 3 are amazing in choosing such a beautiful set to start off with -- Bobby and Lisa are sure to be honored by your cards!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, they are both so very beautiful!! I love that set - and used to borrow it from Bobby every time I played in her craft room!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous CASE of Lisa’s card! Absolutely love the color combo. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

Leslie Miller said...

You're so good! Both cards are incredibly beautiful. I can feel the warmth of the first card with the dry embossed kraft background. Then the second card reminds me of a lovely and quiet misty morning in the garden. Gorgeous!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

My goodness, Marcia... These cards are just GORGEOUS!!! First of all, I love Queen Anne's Lace. I had it in my wedding bouquet. It should not be classified as a weed! It's so elegant, detailed and beautiful. That stark white atop the kraft and deep greens of the ferns, the embossing, the vellum... just sheer beauty in these creations!

Christine Alexander said...

Two stunning cards, the Queen Anne's lace is so pretty ♥