Friday, November 28, 2014

Make it Monday #190 - Stamping A Plaid Background

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday?!!  Ate too much, but had a wonderful time visiting with my mom and my brother and his family! :0)

Today I'm playing along with the Make it Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink.  Ashley Canon Newell shows how to make a plaid background and her card was SO pretty, I wanted to completely CASE it, except that I don't have the "Background Basics: Super Stripes" stamp set to create the plaid pattern that she did.  (It's on  my wish list now!!!)  So anyway, I did some digging through my stamps, and while my card is a simple, simple CASE of Ashley's, I was quite happy with what I figured out to use to create my plaid.  Take a look and see if you can guess what I used:

 
Well...any guesses??  I actually used part of the stamp from "Boutique Borders: Baby".  The parallel lines on this stamp are only about 2 1/4" long, so I had to do some matching up to make the lines fit across the width of my cardstock panel, but if you don't look too closely, it looks ok.  I used Scarlett Jewell (stamping twice to get the darker and lighter stripes) and Simply Chartreuse inks.  I used a grosgrain ribbon to cover the edge and then pop dotted my sentiment ("Season's Greetings") that I stamped inside the "Boutique Borders: Thanks" stamp and die.  I added a few gold sequins to finish and voila!... a humble copy of Ashley's beautiful card that you can see right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I'm going into Christmas mode and pulling out all the decorations today and am excited for tonight to come when I can sit back with some Christmas music playing, gazing at the lights on the tree, and taking the time to contemplate the real meaning of the season! :0)  Last year Melissa Phillips posted a link to a video by the Piano Guys doing O Come, O Come Emmanuel that is absolutely beautiful...I probably play it every couple weeks and never get tired of it.  If you have a few minutes, I highly recommend taking the time to watch it and it really will get you into the right frame of mind for this amazing season that's now upon us.  O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Christmas Version   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I do have the Super Stripes and love them, but you are so creative to come up with your stripes!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Marcia, you went through even more steps than Ashley to create your beautiful Christmas card. I do have the Super Stripes stamp set so guess I need to start creating. Yours is a beauty!

Sue said...

Love your stripes. I think I will watch her video and see what i have to make a plaid background. Very pretty!!!