Friday, November 14, 2014

Peace & Joy

Good morning friends.  Been busy this week making LOTS of tags, and thought I'd share a couple using SU!'s "Ornamental Pine" stamp set.






Both backgrounds were sponged using TH distress inks (Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, & Salty Ocean), and then the first tag I embossed with white and then used a few Copic markers to color over the embossing.  (Alcohol inks like Copics will stay on heat embossing, where regular markers will not)  The 2nd tag I colored with SU! markers (Always Artichoke, Old Olive, & Whisper White) directly onto the stamp.  The embossing and Copic colors take a bit more time, but pop a bit more and I think look a little more realistic.  Finished with PTI's Holiday Wet Paint dies and a few gold sequins. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful (and warm if you're in my "neck of the woods"...COLD and snowy here!!) weekend! :0)

2 comments:

Sue said...

These tags turned out beautifully! I love your blue background and you're right, the Copics do make the pines look more realistic! Love them both!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great tag Marcia!