Tuesday, November 18, 2014

More Tags....

Good morning friends.  A little bit like blizzard conditions in my "neck of the woods" today, so a good time to just stay inside and stamp, right?!  Anyway, been making LOTS of tags lately, so over the next few weeks I'll be showing them to you...hopefully you'll be inspired to make your own! :0)  The tags I'd like to share with you today are using a new to me product called Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel.  It's a white and gold embossing powder that you sprinkle directly to the top of your project without using any sticking agent like Versamark, and then use your heat tool from below rather than on top.  YES, it is extremely MESSY!!  And yes, there is a bit of a learning curve in using it, but the results are SO cool looking!  Take a look:


 
We haven't had much sunlight here lately, so it's hard to see the gold speckles mixed in with all the white, but IRL it is definitely there and looks so neat and "vintage-y" (is that a word???).  The trees are from a TH die, the joy die is PTI's Holiday Wet Paint, and my back ground is a faux mother of pearl technique (found on Loll Thompson's site here ).  I used Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks along with White Opal Liquid Pearls to create that look, along with SU!'s "Pattern" and "Script" background stamps.  Quite a process for "just tags", but I really like how they turned out, and they are going to look great on the vintage-y wrapping paper I found at Michael's in their dollar spot! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!! :0)      
 

1 comment:

Sue said...

Very pretty. Love the technique from Loll, too! Using the Frantage does take a bit to learn to work with. No matter how long I've worked with it, I still end up with a mess...sorry, I forgot to warn you about that :)