Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink November 2014 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop, where the theme this month is SNOW!  And while we haven't had as much snow as the folks in Buffalo, we've had our snowiest November since they started keeping records back in the 1800's, so I feel very qualified to play along with this challenge! :0)  While I may not be thrilled with the real stuff, I do love the beauty of snowflakes, and my favorite snowflake this year is from PTI's "Phrase Play #9".  And of course falling snowflakes made me think of shaker cards.....



Because of the poor lighting, it's hard to see, but after cutting out several snowflakes in white cs, I lightly pressed them into my Aqua Mist ink pad, and then dipped the edges into my Versamark pad and embossed with silver.  The Aqua Mist on the snowflakes ties in with the "wishes" I stamped behind the shaker part of the card.  Most of the confetti is from the "Shakers & Sprinkles" Make it Market kit.  I love how my flash picked up on the sparkle of the holographic paper I used to make the shaker part of the card!  I also added a few of the rainstones to my background to finish off the card.

You can check out all the other great cards and get all the info you need to play along today right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

19 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, Marcia, WOW! The paper is the perfect choice, the 'dipped' snowflakes are incredible, but the shaker element wins the day! Love it! Also, made me smile that we were in sync with the die for this challenge!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia! This is amazing!! I love your dipped snowflakes and the sparkly paper is perfect for this card. Love that you included a shaker section in the window too. So clever! have fun blog hopping! Blessings~ Birgit

Connie MacFarlane said...

Gorgeous Marcia! Love the holographic paper and the way you made your snowflakes.

~amy~ said...

What a pretty shaker card! I love the glitz!

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous! I love how it sparkles!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the touch of color & shine on your inked & embossed snowflakes!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love all the shimmer and shine!

Unknown said...

WOW!

Diana K said...

Wow, Marcia! This is a stunner - you always make the most gorgeous projects!

Karen C. said...

Wow. I love the way you've turned this die into a shaker card. Just fabulous!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So very pretty!

Patti said...

Exquisite! just the perfect shaker die!!

Patti

Marcie Rhys said...

Amazing choice of paper which gives your card a modern edge that's sensational. Your embossed, dyed snow flakes are STUNNING, and I will be stealing that idea of yours.......thank you very much! What a fabulous pairing of papers and colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Laura Norris said...

Love all the sparkle!!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful! It looks like its all lit up...

Kim said...

gorgeous! may have to CAS that!

Nancy Guse said...

WOW Marcia, this is stunning!! Those embossed snowflakes are awesome, love the shine to your whole card!

Sue said...

OMGosh! I need to see this in person! This is so beautiful! I love it!!! And thanks to you have have everything, but the holographic paper. Where did you find the paper??? I want to CAS this!!!

jen said...

Wow! What a cool effect! The holographic paper is very catchy & the dipped snowflakes add a great detail!