Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink November 2014 Blog Hop - #2

Hello again friends.  Just a quick entry for the "Snow" blog hop over at Papertrey Ink.  I've been making lots of tags lately, and thought this one would be perfect for the hop.  Take a look:



I started with a Tag Sale #4 die and also the snow die from "Wonderful Words: Snow".  I masked the center of the tag with the word snow, and then used some TH distress inks to color the tag.  After removing the mask, I added the "snow" I had die cut  (and embossed with silver a part of the snowflake from Phrase Play #9) with pop dots so it would stand out more.  I added a few of the silver stars from the Shakers & Sprinkles Make it Market kit to my background, and finished with a seam binding ribbon (I dyed to match), silver cording, and a snowflake sequin.

Hope you're having fun blog hopping and seeing all the great projects out there!  You can check it all out right here .

Thanks again for stopping by! :0)

14 comments:

Darnell said...

I am wowed by this fabulous snow/flake tag, Marcia!! The color is divine!! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Great projects!

Birgit said...

This is so perfect for the snowflake hop. I love the sparkly sequins and the partial embossed silver snowflake. Beautiful, as always Marcia.

Laurie Unger said...

How cute!!

Diana K said...

All frosty and cold. Brrrr. Perfect for the snow theme. How on earth do you manage to colour a background with Distress inks and have it come out looking so good? Mine would just be warped and have spitballs on it.

Kay Miller said...

Such a pretty tag! I love the blending!! Fabulous!

Betty Wright said...

I love the embossed snowflake on the word snow! Great design!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful tag and so perfect for the blog hop, Marcia! Love the Tag Sale Tag die ~ such a great ornament :-)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :-)

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Laura Norris said...

What a great tag! Great job.

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific tag!

~amy~ said...

What a fun tag!

Sue said...

Love this tag! I love how you put part of the snowflake on the snow die! So very pretty!!!

jen said...

Super fun tag!