Wednesday, January 9, 2019

CAS Stencil Jan. 2019 - Sponging

Hello friends.  There's a new challenge in town brought to us by Loll and her FABULOUS DT called CAS Stencil.  They're starting us out simple with SPONGING and you can check it all out right HERE to play along!


I love stenciling so of course it was hard to nail it down to just one stencil...so I have 2 cards to share today!


For my 1st card I used Altenew's Elegant Swirls stencil with pink and orange Gina K inks.  I cut my A2 size piece in half and made another card just like this one but with a "Thinking of You" sentiment on it.  I used PTI's Pierced Feature Frames dies to die cut the frame and added a simple white Daisy die cut from Penny Black called Bashful.  Here's a closer up:


The Daisy didn't seem to stand out from my background real well, so I put a dimensional at the top and then curved the petals a bit and then it showed up better.  I added a black sentiment strip that I embossed with the Happy Birthday and pop dotted this as well.  A simple light pink enamel heart finished off my CAS card.


My 2nd card was a really QACAS card where I used a stencil from AliExpress that had 4 different flower stencils all on one template, and I inked up this one with the crazy petals in yellows, oranges, and a little red (all Gina K inks again).  I die cut it with MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle die and then sprayed it quite liberally with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz.  Here's a closer up so you can see some of the sparkle:


I only sprayed the small stenciled square and not the whole card, so IRL it really stands out!  I kept my sentiment VERY simple and used a really old wooden stamp from a company called Mostly Hearts and I'm not sure if they're even in business anymore.

Amazing what some ink, a sponge dauber, and a stencil can produce, isn't it?!  I love all the CAS challenges, but I think this one is really going to be a lot of FUN for me!  Check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from Loll and the DT right HERE and then play along...the challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Loll said...

Two beautiful CAS designs Marcia! LOVE the orange and pink sponging over the pretty stencil. Great design with adding dimension to your flower to make it stand out more.
LOVE the drama of the black sentiment banner and the little enamel heart is SWEET!

Your second card is GORGEOUS! LOVE that pretty stencil and the bright colours you've used it really with just your sponged flower, sentiment and peek-a-boo window. Can see just a little of the shimmer in your close-up picture, but imagine that it's very sparkly IRL. Wonderful cards, my friend! xx

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs Marcia! The flower with it's curved petals over your beautiful stenciling on the first is so pretty - and I bet that shimmer spray looks really shiny IRL - I can just get a glimpse of it in the photo (shimmer never photos well!)That flower stencil is so wild and wavy - you used perfect hot colors on it!

Bonnie said...

Two gorgeous stenciled cards, Marcia! I love the sweet white, shaped daisy and the pink and orange stenciling is beautiful! I love this crazy flower with it's bright orange petals! Beautifully framed!

Bobby said...

Love how you gave dimension to that simple white daisy, Marcia. It pops right off the wonderful stencil background. I think this challenge will be fun too, and will force me to use my stencils more. Most of mine are larger, unlike your crazy petaled one.

Lisa Elton said...

These are both fabulous CAS cards Marcia! I like the dimension your added to your flower on the first and that lovely bit of shimmer on the second. Pretty, pretty!

Christine Alexander said...

looks like you were having fun with your stencils, two great cards, love the addition of the the die cut with the first and that gorgeous flower in the second.

Robyn Oliver said...

Two fabulous cards Marcia, both are beautifully blended sponging, lovely choice of colours and the added stitched framing a finishing touch to the CAS design

Patti said...

Stenciling perfection!! I really love the dimension you created on your first card! and the colors you used... and the stencils on both! giggles!! Great cards friend!!

nancy littrell said...

Oh my, Marcia, Two Gorgeous stenciled cards. I Love your white die cut daisy over your pretty softly stenciled background with a beautiful color combo. I love how you added your sentiment with the black CS background and heart embellishment. Your die cut framing was the perfect CAS framing of your beauty.

Gorgeous softly stenciled flower image framed by your die cut window on your 2nd card too. TFS both beauties my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

That soft pinkish orange and gorgeous white flower is beautiful. The flower looks perky with the dimension you gave it. Oh my, the second card really caught my eye. I love those bright colors and the simplicity of it. It just shines.

Kara Lynne said...

Both of your cards are CAS-amazing! I see a new regular challenge on your horizon for sure. There is something about lifting up that stencil and seeing the results that gets us crafters giddy! I also love the dimension of your flower die cut - fabulous!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia I adore your stenciled cards... that darling daisy calls to me from her beautiful stenciled garden!!
=]

Sharron said...

I have long admired that PB daisy and love the dimension and your gorgeous stenciling. Adding a single heart is such a sweet touch. And your second card is equally pretty--love the shimmer!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards Marcia!! I love how you popped up the flower on your first card and both of them are just so very elegant!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, crisp, CAS delights, Marcia ... with just the loveliest detailing on each one! Clever dimension on the first ... delicious glimmer on the second ... both fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! I love the simplicity & the dimension added to the flower! You have inspired me!!