Tuesday, January 15, 2019

CAS Mix Up January 2019 - Bokeh

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's challenge over at CAS Mix Up and they are looking for cards using the BOKEH technique.


I had not used the Bokeh technique in a while, but it all came back pretty quickly when I watched one of the video's that's listed on the CAS Mix Up site HERE.  I used a couple shades of green ink (Gina K) to blend my background and then added my Bokeh using Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink with a Color Box Art Screens stencil.  Here's what it looked like before I made it into a card:


I almost didn't want to make it into a card it turned out so pretty!  But I did and came up with this:


I used SSS's Circle of Leaves die to die cut my top layer and then added a piece of foam with the same size circle cut out of it to the back so that my die cut leaves wouldn't lay flush against the Bokeh background.  Here's a closer up so you can see more detail:


I love the dimension you get by popping it up a little and it also keeps from covering up too much of the Bokeh background.  I finished with a simple birthday sentiment from a an older (2005) SU! set called Sincere Salutations.

Make sure you check out all the GORGEOUS inspiration from the DT and their special GD and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this beauty.
xx Karen

Jo said...

This card, like Karen says, is a BEAUTY! Love that soft green Bokeh background for that leafy aperture. Such a gorgeous CAS card.
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

Loll said...

WOW! This is STUNNING Marcia! LOVE your design ... CAS Mix Up perfection! Gorgeus bokeh background. It is hard to cover a lot of it up, but your card is amazing, so worth it in the end. Love this leafy circle die and will have to look for it. :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

the perfect bokeh colour for your pretty leaf die :)

Sharron said...

Your bokeh background is beautiful--love the green! The leafy die cut is perfect!

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning effect you've achieved with the bokeh technique and no wonder you didn't want to cut it up.......I love the 3D effect with the foam layer on your wonderful card and I am so glad you made that fabulous background into this stunning card. Thank you for adding your beautiful card to the gallery at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x.

Bobby said...

Your bokeh turned out great, Marcia. The dimension you got with the different saturations of white is spectacular.

Lisa Elton said...

It DID turn out pretty! And lucky for us that you made it into this marvelous card!

Happy Dance said...

Pretty darn gorgeous my friend. Green. *sigh* And your bokeh is perfect. I LOVE this card. It's a real stunner. I hope you don't mind if I call "winner winner chicken dinner" for this one. Way pretty!! Bev

Ros Crawford said...

Your bokeh BG is fabulous!! I can see why you wanted to keep it whole but then again your finished card with the frame is stunning!

Birgit said...

Gasp! You're right... the bokeh background on its own is awesome! I haven't done that in a long time either. Your card turned out gorgeous my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

That SSS die is delightful, Marcia... and I love every bokeh dot!
=]

Bonnie said...

Your Bokeh background is so pretty and your circles so crisp! Love, love, love the circle with the leaves and how you've popped it up!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Bokey background for your die cut circle of leaves, Marcia. Your CAS design is stunning, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Viv said...

You are right - a real pretty background! The aperture with the die shows it of really well.
Thanks for joining in at CAS Mix Up.
Viv
(Guest DT January)

Anita in France said...

Serene and lovely, Marcia ... your bokeh background is wonderfully dimensional ... and so dreamy! Hugs, Anita :)