Monday, January 21, 2019

The Flower Challenge #28

Hello friends.  Playing with a NEW TO ME challenge today called The Flower Challenge (yup, right up my alley!!) and I love the simple PINK and GREY colors for this challenge!


I received a new stamp set for Christmas (thanks Sue!!) by Gina K called Just A Little and I think it worked perfectly for this challenge!


I stamped the image in Versafine Black Onyx and then embossed with clear...I like to do this to make sure there will be no bleeding of color when I use my Copics.  I colored the leaves in with C1, C3, & C5 Copics and colored the flower in with R81 & R83 Copics.  Here's a closer up:

  
The sentiment is also from the Just A Little stamp set (LOVE the font of the "just"!!) and I finished off the card by layering it with a piece of Basic Gray cs (SU!) and mounted to a white card base.  I also added a few iridescent sequins to add just a touch of shine.

Lots of BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and in the gallery to inspire you, and this challenge goes till the 26th.  You can check it all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so gorgeous Marcia!! I love the pink and grey and the design is beautiful!! What a lovely gift from your friend too!

Birgit said...

This is stunning my friend! What a clever idea to clear emboss over the top before coloring. You're the smartest, most bestest designer I have the honor of knowing. Truly though, this is beautiful! Miss you my friend.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful, Marcia ... you soft colouring adds so much lovely depth to this gorgeous image! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

That stamped image is fabulous, so contemporary looking. Gorgeous colour combination and the most beautiful card x.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card - love the colours, Jo x

nancy littrell said...

Clean, Crisp and beautifully Stunning, Marcia. I love how you used your new stamp set. Perfect for the color challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a pretty stamp and how perfect for these colors, Marcia! This is so classy!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so pretty Marcia! The soft gray and pop of pink from that single bloom are just wonderful together!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! Love the mix of open images and silhouette combined into one amazing design. Wonderful design for the pink and gray challenge! xx

Bobby said...

The gray leaves work well with the lovely pink flower, Marcia. The silhouette and dots add dimension. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Patti said...

I love this color combo together and your beautiful design is so chic!!

Viv said...

What a beaufiful card Marcia! great stamping and use of colour too.So happy you found us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon. Btw. our challenge finishes on the 25th not the 26th ;) Viv DT xx

JoAnn said...

Your card is beautiful Marcia. Love the pretty floral image and your lovely coloring.