Thursday, January 3, 2019

Transformation Tuesday with Dawn McVey #29

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with my 1st Transformation Tuesday challenge over at Papertrey Ink,  where Dawn McVey said this challenge doesn't necessarily have to be that you're transforming a card because you didn't like the way it turned out, but that maybe you really liked the way a card turned out and just want to switch it up for a different occasion or season.  When Dawn had made her 1st thank you card last Summer, I loved the layout and had to CASE her with a birthday card...I never posted it because it didn't fit with any current challenges at the time and then I forgot about it till she posted her 1st card again this week.  So anyway, it got me thinking that the same layout would be a great one for a baby card I needed for my niece who just had a baby girl!

Here was the card I CASE'd this past Summer:


I basically used Dawn's same layout but used the Life Is Beautiful stamp and die set and the Wish Big die for my sentiment.

And here's the same layout transformed into a baby card:


Again, same layout, just used the Bear Hugs stamp and die set along with the Snowfall Style Stencil Collection for my stenciled background.  Like Dawn I also used the Delicates Die to go along with my stenciled background and the Basic Bookmark #2 die to layer the mama bear with her baby on.


Isn't that just the sweetest image to use for a baby card?!  My sentiment came from Boutique Borders: Baby stamp set.  A little bit of Bitty Big DSP in Kraft, some iridescent sequins, and a bit of jute twine finished off my card.

Check out Dawn's 2 cards HERE and then play along.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

yes Marcia, so perfect for a little baby and love that layout :)

Carmela said...

Cute card! I love the little bear.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet baby card Marcia! The mama and baby bear are adorable!

Anita in France said...

What a sweet transformation, Marcia ... this is just so pretty ... such cute mummy and baby bears! Hugs, Anita :)

Patti said...

That bear family IS the sweetest image!! both cards are awesome! no wonder you wanted to CASE Dawn and yourself!! : ) Your butterfly card packs a delightful punch!!

Happy New Year friend!!

Loll said...

Adorable Marcia! Your niece is going to love this card! That bear and baby bear are the sweetest. Love your layering and the patterned papers and colours you've used. Awesome! xx

Bonnie said...

Awh! This is so sweet, Marcia! Love this layout and the soft pink background with the sweet bears!

Susan Watanabe said...

Love your transformation Marcia! Isn’t that bear just the cutest?! And your BG is just perfect (darn, I knew I should have ordered that cut-out die). ;)

Bobby said...

That bear holding her cub is so cute, Marcia. I had to look twice to see that it is indeed the same layout. What a transformation!

Lisa said...

Oh it's so cute. Love that baby card. Really nice transformation. I'm noticing how the card with "Wish big" has a large butterfly and the baby card has a smaller image. Just right.

Kara Lynne said...

I can't get over how different your two cards look using the same layout! They are both wonderful! It's hard to resist that little bear in her mamma's arms!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific transformation and those bears are beyond cute!

Birgit said...

Both cards are sweet, Marcia but the mama bear and her cub is just too darling! I love how different they both look using the same layout.

Greta said...

2 wonderful card, Marcia! That is a great layout & oh how perfect is that baby card! You're also making me want to use the Delicates dies still unopened!