Wednesday, January 16, 2019

CAS Watercolour Jan. 2019 - Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still a week left to play along with us at CAS Watercolour and our hostess Susan is looking for Winter themed water colored cards.


I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate to Serendipity Stamps this past month and had fun shopping for some new stamps, including this small but FUN mitten stamp!



Don't those just look like the softest and coziest mittens ever?!  I stamped them in Versafine Black Onyx and then embossed them in clear, and then went to work water coloring them with my Zigs and Aqua Painter.



I added a Penny Black Snowflake Frame that I added foam tape to the back of over the mittens and then added a die cut snowflake from MFT to add a little something, something but without taking away from the CAS look.  My sentiment is from PTI's O'Tannenbaum set.

This challenge is open till the 24th.  Check out the lovely cards from the DT and our special Guest Designer Janet for more WINTER inspiration, and then play along with us right HERE.

Edited To Add:  I am also entering this card to a NEW challenge called Christmas Kickstart Challenge.  Their 2nd challenge is called Bundle Up, so my pair of warm and snuggly mittens works perfectly!  You can check out this new challenge right HERE.     

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

They DO look like the softest mittens ever! and the prettiest, too! Marcia, if you're looking for another Christmas Challenge, Jo has a fun one that this would work for... https://christmaskickstartchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/christmas-kickstart-challenge-2-bundle.html
=]

Bonnie said...

Your mittens look so cozy and I love the colors you've used! The framing is perfect with the snowflakes and I love the snowflake peeking out from the frame!

Lisa Elton said...

I think this sweet pair of mittens would be extra cozy! This is adorable Marcia!

Bobby said...

Warm AND colorful, Marcia. The frame is wonderful and I love the snowflake peeking out from under the corner.

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, those gloves look so cute in the frame. Great winter woollies image :)

Lyn said...

Lovely card, super frame <3

Loll said...

Those mittens are cute and cozy looking Marcia! Love the colours. So sweet with the snowflake framing. And love the added snowflake under the bottom corner. Great design! xx

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Marcia, I'd wear those gorgeous mittens any day! Your card is beautiful and I'm delighted you've joined the fun at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Birgit said...

They do look soft and warm! What a pretty CAS card. Congrats on your win!!

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card. Those mittens are super cute and yes they do look all warm and cosy. Loving the die cut snowflake frame too on your beautiful card x.

Anita in France said...

Yep, these are just the cosiest mittens, Marcia ... especially in these delicious colours! The delicate frame is a delight ... and I do love that single snowflake ... brrr indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

Sharron said...

Such a charming card! Those mittens are adorable and I love the cozy feeling you've created!

Ros Crawford said...

They look so real!! Oh my this is the best mitten card I've ever seen and so lovely!! Congrats on winning the gift certificate too!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great wintery looking card.
xx Karen

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Super cute card. I could really have done with those mittens today, and they are just my colours. :-)
Thanks for the visit to my blog and your lovely encouraging comments.
xxx