Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Make It Monday #348 - LOTSA LETTERS

Hello friends.  This week Michelle Leone has a fun VIDEO for the Make It Monday challenge, showing us how to use LOTSA colorful letters on our cards.

I pulled out a couple of oldies but a goodies from Heather Nichols called Heart Squared and Wonderful Words: Love to come up with this "Love You" card.


I started by stamping the Heart Squared in Hawaiian Shores and then added the 3 die cut LOVE in Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, & Raspberry Fizz.  I still had the Farmer's Market Florals sitting out on my desk so I stamped up a couple flowers and leaves using Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, and Hawaiian Shores inks and arranged them over the Heart Squared.

 
You can just see a little of the sparkle on the one leaf in this close up...I added WOS to the leaf centers along with a few iridescent sequins to add some sparkle and shine to my card.  I matted the card with a layer of Hawaiian Shores cs and then added to a white card base and finished off with some white crochet thread at the top.  I apologize for the poor lighting...my middle love looks like it was cut out of Hawaiian Shores, but the flowers and Heart Squared all look like they were stamped in Aqua Mist...grrrrrr!  They really are all the same color IRL!!

Check out Michelle's beautiful cards and video right HERE and then play along.  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Lovely love card, Marcia! The colors you chose are fantastic together, and I could tell that it was Hawaiian Shores and not Aqua Mist! Beautiful design too!

Patti said...

Super! pretty and one of my favorite color combos!! I love the flowers you selected and the way you gave them some sweet dimension.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love all the elements you have used and the color combo looks great.

Bonnie said...

Love the aqua, pink and red combo, Marcia! A beautiful way to say Love you!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your colors Marcia and your cute design. This is a delightful card!

Anita in France said...

So fresh and lovely, Marcia ... and whatever the names are, that is such a gorgeous and beautifully balanced colour combo! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

I actually have that word die and I love how you used it 3 times here and beautifully done with the square focal point...

Birgit said...

Oh wow, I love the color palette you used on this sweet card Marcia! This is totally adorable!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Marcia my dear girl, this is such a lovely card. Wonderful colours you have chosen to use and the lighting matters not at all. :) Just the right amount of sparkle and bling to round out a brilliant card. Love it! Cheers.

Sharron said...

Wonderful colors and really fabulous design! Love your layout and great use of the LOVE die cuts. That sweet little 'you' is such a charming addition.

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL display of L-O-V-E here, Marcia! You certainly captured the "Lotsa Letters" with your gorgeous color scheme~one of my faves. The Farmers Market Florals are the perfect images and WOS adds just enough sparkle...I always seem to forget those glittery touches that I love on your cards

Loll said...

Beautiful design Marcia! And a wonderful combination of colours. Great way to use those word dies more! xx