Friday, February 8, 2019

CAS Christmas Feb. 2019 - PEACE

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's CAS Christmas challenge where Colleen is the hostess and she is looking for the word PEACE on your Christmas card.


And here's what I came up with:


I was so inspired by Loll's stenciled card HERE where she used a colored card base rather than white, which is what I've always thought you needed to use to have your card considered CAS.  But Loll's card with the colored cardstock base was extremely CAS, and had me reaching for a Soft Sky card base for my Christmas card.  I used one of the small images from Penny Black's Sparkling stamp set and stamped it in Versafine Black Onyx ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored the image with my Copics and a blending pen.  Here's a closer up:


I used MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die to make a window for my image and then stamped my sentiment which is from PTI's Christmas Blessings stamp set.  Such a simple card but I just love the CAS look with the Soft Sky card base.

Check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from Colleen and the rest of the DT using the word PEACE, and then play along right HERE.  You have until the 24th to play along with this challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It might be simple, but it's simply fabulous! Love the little screen inside your window!

Birgit said...

This is so sweet Marcia! What a tweet little birdie. ;0)

HilaryJane said...

This is a great card. I love that little bird singing his heart out and the coloured card base gives it that little extra lift, love it xx

Julia Aston said...

This is so lovely with the pale blue card base Marcia! I admired Loll's card as well! Your bird looks so happy to be singing away perched on the holly branch advocating Peace Love and Joy!!

Happy Dance said...

The soft sky is the perfect color for this lovely Christmas card, Marcia. Lots of 'white' space here! Such a sweet image, too, and your coloring is perfection. Perfectly CAS! Have a great weekend. Bev

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is adorable, Marcia, Jo x

Bonnie said...

The soft sky card makes a perfect frame for this adorable scene! What a sweet little bird!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, love that light touch of colour with the soft sky and the beautiful image of the bird on the holly branch. Tour sentiment is perfect, the changes in font are so pretty :)

Loll said...

This is so sweet Marcia! I love your bird on holly branch. Looks like he is so happy that he is singing. Image looks adorable on the soft blue card base. Isn't it great to use up some of our coloured card stock that's been sitting for ages??! xx

Anita in France said...

So charming, Marcia ... that little bird on his branch is such a delight ... and your colouring and framing is wonderful! Lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

We do have a tendency to think CAS means only white don't we, Marcia? CASology often says 'white' doesn't have to be white and you've proved it with that soft sky color. The card wouldn't quite be he same without it.

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is so sweet! I love the CAS design and the framed image.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the delicate birdie in the window, Marcia! Great coloring/shading too!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely!! Beautifully done!

Trina P. said...

Lovely Christmas card, Marcis. I am amazed at your Copic colouring... I thought for sure you watercoloured that sweet image. Great design too. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

Linda said...

Love how you framed in your sweet little branch and bird. Love it on the soft sky card stock. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Nance said...

Pretty card, Marcia! That little bird chirping away on the holly bush is too cute! Glad you joined us over at CAS Christmas. Got to get myself in gear and play with Mixup and Watercolor! ;) xx