Thursday, February 7, 2019

Tag You're It Challenge Is Back #80 Love Is In The Air

Hello friends.  So excited that I saw that the Tag You're It challenge is back and this time it's a theme challenge "Love is in the Air".


I was definitely inspired by all the hearts but also the theme, and decided to make a tag to attach to my hubby's gift bag that I'll be filling with lots of DARK chocolate!!  I LOVE milk chocolate, so to me it's a sign of true love to fill his gift bag with DARK chocolate rather than milk chocolate!!  Anyway, here's what I came up with for my CAS love tag:


I die cut 2 MFT tags...one from white and one from red.  On the white tag I die cut a border using SSS's Super Heart Border and then added foam tape to the back before attaching it to the red tag.  And being that it's still Winter here in Michigan, I figured I could get away with using one of these feathered friends from MFT's Warm And Feathered Hugs.  I colored him with a few Copics and added a small die cut heart to his body.  Here's a closer up:


A simple LOVE YOU sentiment banner (SSS's Tiny Words) was added along with a few white enamel hearts to finish off my tag.

You can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous tag, Marcia, LOVE the cute little bird and hearts die cutting.

Ros Crawford said...

You're definitely the Queen of tags in my book and this is absolutely stunning!

Bonnie said...

What an adorable tag, Marcia! I love how the red peeks through and that sweet little guy wrapped up in the scarf! Maybe he'll give you some milk chocolate.

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute tag Marcia! I always enjoy seeing that little owl and I love the way you've colored him here. Sweet, sweet, sweet!!

Greta said...

I just love that heart border! This is adorable, Marcia!

Loll said...

Awwwww ... such a sweet tag Marcia!! Love sweet owl and gorgeous design with all those lovely hearts. Your hubby is going to love his dark chocolate, but I bet he loves the tag you like the best! Hope you get some milk chocolate for Valentine's day, my friend! xx

Julia Aston said...

This is just adorable Marcia! love that heart border cut out and your wonderful coloring of the sweet 'all wrapped up' little owl! So happy to hear this challenge is back too!

Donna said...

Fabulous work, Marcia.... and so cute, too!
Thanks for taking the time to join us. X

Mac Mable said...

Such a cute tag Marcia and so thoughtful to make this for DH. I hope he enjoys his special chocolates too? x

Anita in France said...

So adorable, Marcia ... that little love struck owl is so cute atop the border of dancing hearts! Love how the twine is arranged all heart shaped on your photo too! Hugs, Anita :)

Angie said...

Super cute! Love the heart cut outs!

Bobby said...

A-dorable, Marcia. We all need a red and white scarf to wear for Valentine's Day here in sub-zero Michigan. Thanks for sharing that owl with us at Tag You're It!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...just love your sweet little sweet heart of an owl! And those cut our hearts, adorable!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

So cute and love the heart die cuts on the bottom. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Marybeth said...

Gosh this is darling! Love it Marcia! Thanks for playing along!