Sunday, February 10, 2019

Color Throwdown #529 - A Box of Sunshine

Hello friends.  Playing along with this week's challenge at Color Throwdown where the colors are Yellow, Orange, and Red.


Aren't those fun and bright colors to inspire us during the Winter days?!  My card was also inspired by a box of Sunshine that I received this week from a dear, dear friend!  I had mentioned to her that we don't see much sunshine in Michigan during the Winter months (something to do with being surrounded by the great Lakes) and that makes Winter here really, really loooooooong!  So she sent me a box filled to the brim with everything YELLOW that she could find...all kinds of treats that come in yellow packaging (Lays potato chips, Butterfinger candy bar, Peanut M & M's, Fruit Flavored Tic Tacs, Lemon cookies, Juicy Fruit gum, a lemon tea towel, lip balm, Mason Jar with a yellow and white lid and straw, lemon tea, etc. and then an envelope filled with yellow die cuts, stickers, enamel dots, and DSP!)  So anyway, that's where my card started and I just added the orange and red!!


I stamped and colored the chick from SU!'s Hey Chick set with lots of yellow, orange, and red Copics and then fussy cut her out.  I added her to a white Pierced Feature Frame (PTI) and used one of the yellow and white checked papers that was included in the box of sunshine for the center of the frame.  The sunshine die cuts were also included in my box of sunshine and I think they are MFT, but not positive.  The orange enamel dot was also included in the box.  I stamped the sentiment in red on a stitched banner and put it behind the pop dotted chick.


Check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Viv said...

Loving that chicken!! Great sunshiney fun card.

Birgit said...

Eeep! I love this bright and happy card!! That chicken is the best and who's day wouldn't be brightened by a visit from him. Happy, happy that the box of sunshine made you smile. ;0)

Birgit said...

ps...... I might "need" some of those chickens. ;0D

Vickie Z said...

Totally adorable card- love that bird! What a wonderful friend!!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful, bright, and cheerful card, Marcia! That combination of the sunshine, plaid, and chicken make me smile from ear to ear! It's a wonderful extension of your box of sunshine! It's been snowing all day here, but the family is all together, so it just feels cozy to be at home. I do pray that you get a day of sunshine once in a while to break up the gloom of winter.

Bonnie said...

What a lovely box of sunshine and a really good friend that sent it! You have done it justice with this bright and sunshiny card! It's such a happy card! You should stand it up where you can see a spot of sunshine every day!

Sharron said...

Your card is definitely a ray of sunshine! And I love seeing that chicken again. It was my favorite image from one of our earlier 12 Kits supply kits. Isn't she adorable! The checked paper really brightens the sunny scene too.

Bobby said...

What a great idea your generous friend had, Marcia, and little did she know she'd be helping you with a card. It is definitely bright and sunny.

Lisa Elton said...

Ohhhhh that chicken!!! This is too much FUN Marcia!!

Anita in France said...

What a fun package of sunny happy mail you received from your generous friend, Marcia ... how wonderful to open up all that yellow loveliness! Your card is brilliant ... that chicken is just a riot ... she's so fabulous against the bright plaid! Sending you some French sunshine and blue sky! Hugs, Anita :)

Ros Crawford said...

I love that chick and I LOVE your card!

Loll said...

Your card is so FUN!! LOVE the bright colours and your design. How fantastic to start with all those lovely yellow bits from the lovely box of sunshine you received from a friend! xx