Friday, February 15, 2019

CAS Stencil Challenge Feb. 2019

Hello friends.  This month's CAS Stencil Challenge is all about using powdered inks through your stencils.


This was a FUN challenge and if you've never used powdered inks through your stencils before, Loll has a couple great video's you can watch HERE.

I used a portion of a very LARGE stencil I had purchased from AliExpress and I liked the monoprint (the 2nd print) better because of the vibrancy of the color.  It took me a bit to realize why my first prints were so light was because all the spaces in the stencil I used were so small...I had more of my Brusho's and Lindy's Magicals on the actual stencil than I did through the openings of the stencil.  Here's a photo of my 2 tries:


Both bottom pieces were from misting and then pulling the stencil off the cardstock.  The top pieces were both from turning my wet stencils over and pressing into another piece of cardstock.  I still like the bottom pieces, but they're just not as vibrant.

I ended up and used one of the top pieces for my card today and came up with this:


I cut my piece down a little to fit behind a Pierced Feature Frame (PTI) die cut in Raspberry Fizz cardstock and adhered both to a white card base.  I stacked 4 of Penny Black's Bashful die cuts together and added them along with a sentiment stamped in black from an old SU! set called Sincere Salutations.


Here's a closer up so you can see a bit more detail of the stenciled layer.  I used orange Brusho's, Raspberry Lemonade Magicals, and a touch of Merlot Brusho's to achieve the colors in the background stenciled layer.

This was a FUN challenge and one I'm definitely going to be playing around with a bit more!!  Check out all the GORGEOUS cards from the DT for inspiration and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

love the way you took one sheet to make a few cards. Beautiful mix of colours :)

Julia Aston said...

You have 4 lovely stenciled panels to create with now Marcia! Your card is so pretty with the piece you used with the lovely floral overlay and colored framing! xx

Bonnie said...

This is such a tricky technique but you have some very good images from this stencil! The card is fantastic and I have no doubt you will find a perfect place for the others!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the away you've framed your beautiful stenciled panel! The white bloom and script-y sentiment were wonderful choices and the colors on your panel are so pretty! Beautifully done Marcia!

Patti said...

Beautiful background! and such a lovely backdrop for your sweet die cut flower. The colors you used could not be prettier!

nancy littrell said...

Loved your positive and negative backgrounds with your Brushos and Magicals. TFS your 4 background samples, Marcia. Your finished card turned out beautifully. Love the colored frame and stacked die cut flower. TFS my friend and joining us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Marcia! I am LOVING the mandela stencils and look at all the first print and second (mono) print. Both are beautiful, but totally different. Love the pretty white daisy and pink framing. xx

Bobby said...

I think there's a learning curve when doing stencil prints, Marcia, and you learned well. The lacy image looks beautiful tucked in the corner behind the pink frame and white flower silhouette.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how beautiful your card looks and what lovely colours!! I definitely need more practice doing this technique!

Birgit said...

These are gorgeous! I love the more vibrant colored one too but they're all really pretty. I need you to make me do techniques. I'm such a lazy crafter.

Mac Mable said...

Love how you experimented with the pigment inks. I too was wondering about the lighter colours. Thank you for sharing and the fabulous inspiration on your beautiful card x.

Robyn Oliver said...

Brilliant card Marcia, love your colours and that super duper stencil

Anita in France said...

What a delight, Marcia ... such delicious warm colours and a lovely pattern ... a perfect spot for that pink framed, single white daisy! Hugs, Anita :)