Saturday, February 2, 2019

CAS Watercolour Feb. 2019 - RED & PINK

Hello friends.  I'm happy to be hosting this month's CAS Watercolour challenge, and I LOVE color challenges!  Since most people think of February as the "heart" or Valentine's Day month, I thought a RED and PINK color challenge would be fun.  


I used a simple floral image from Jillian Vance called Well With My Soul and came up with this card:


I embossed the image in silver and then water colored with my Zigs and an Aqua Painter using the Red & Pink markers and blending with the Aqua Painter.  Here's a closer up:


My sentiment comes from Gina K's Just A Little Something and I just love the boldness of the "just" along with the regular font of the rest of the sentiment.  I mounted the water colored panel to a piece of Real Red cs and then layered that onto a white card base that I had added a SSS Stacked Hearts die cut in white to add a little something but not have it stand out too much.

Check out all the inspiration from the rest of the DT and our special GD Darnell, and then play along with us.  Remember to make your card CAS and using mostly REDS and PINKS (neutrals are ok) and then add it to our gallery right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th and we can't wait to see what you come up with!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

So elegant and a brilliant design!

Bonnie said...

What a perfect challenge for this month, Marcia! And your red and pink flowers are gorgeous! Love how you've used the bold just over some of the flowers but not hiding them and the subtle die cut hearts make a perfect background! A really stand out card, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a beautiful CAS design, Marcia! The silver heat-embossing with the theme colors looks so elegant. The black bold "Just" makes a great accent among the soft and subtle elements. I love the way you used the stacked hearts die-cut in the background. I'd love to join this fun challenge soon!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Gorgeous card, my friend! I love your layered look with the stacked hearts in the background and your pretty flower panel framed in red. You flowers are so beautiful with the silver embossing and bright watercolouring of the zigs. Great shading to create a two-tone effect on the flowers, which is amazing. Great challenge Marcia!! xx

Trina P. said...

This is beautiful, Marcia. Beautiful watercolouring. Love the addition of the stacked hearts for a faux embossed background. I have the SSS stacked stars and found it is so delicate that they are diiiifficult to use...so great job there too, xx

Bobby said...

Your Zigging is wonderful, Marcia. I love the pinks and reds with silver embossing and the stacked hearts added great background texture.

Birgit said...

This is beautiful Marcia! The stacked hearts are the perfect little touch to make your pretty flowers stand out. Just enough texture and design. You have such a great eye for design my friend!

Mac Mable said...

Marcia your card is so beautiful. The colouring is perfect, gentle and sweet. Love the addition of the texture from the white die cut hearts and the emphasise of the large 'Just' sentiment....One very beautiful card x.

Christine Alexander said...

love those delicate flowers and your colouring is wonderful Marcia. Great colours for the challenge :)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful coloring on your silver embossed flowers Marcia! so delicate and pretty! and I love the white die cut heart bits behind the panel! A lovely watercolor challenge! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, this is a lovely CAS cards, so sweet!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so elegant and so beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and I agree, very elegant.
xKaren

Anita in France said...

Those silver blooms are just so delicate, Marcia ... and so pretty! The background hearts add such lovely dimension ... and the bold sentiment is a great contrast to the softness of the flowers! Hugs, Anita :)