Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Flower Challenge #29

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's The Flower Challenge where we are being asked to use our latest flower/die purchase on our card.


My latest flower purchase was the Dainty Bouquet set from Altenew.  This set was made with the main image to be done in a neutral, and then the layering steps done in color.  I have 2 cards to share as I wasn't sure I liked my first try with white ink on gray cardstock.  Take a look:


I stamped HA white pigment ink on Smoky Slate cs with the main image, and then let dry overnight.  For my pinks I used Altenew's Pinkalicious and Razzleberry inks and for the greens Volcano Lake and Lagoon inks.  I like the white against the gray, but was not thrilled with my alignment of the colored stamping layers.

For my 2nd attempt, I used Morning Frost ink against the gray cs and came up with the this:


My alignment came out better on this 2nd try (practice makes perfect...almost!) and I used Gina K reds and greens for the layered stamping.  My sentiment on both cards is from SSS's Sketched Flowers set.  A little bit of baker's twine and some iridescent sequins finished off both cards.


Here they are both together...which one do YOU like best?  I'm actually leaning toward my first try with the pinks, but I will definitely be experimenting with more neutrals and colors to find a color combo that really tickles my fancy!!

Check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the talented DT and all the lovely cards that are already in the gallery too!  You can find it all and how to play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

wow gorgeous Marcia, I just love that little pop of colour on the flowers :)

Viv said...

These are so pretty Marcia! I love them both equally, such beautiful flowers and colouring too. Now I want those stamps of course lol....have been eyeing them up for a while.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' Viv DT xx

Patti said...

Marcia these are spectacular! I really love the soft dreamy look of each card. Whoever gets these cards will be twice blessed!!

Linda said...

Two fabulous cards, Marcia. Think I like the pink better, but the both are awesome. Again, have a Happy Birthday.

Bobby said...

How would one choose, Marcia. I love them both. I'm generally drawn to red and and I like that green with it but I do like the white on the pink card. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at The Flower Challenge.

Bonnie said...

I love the soft pastels of the first card that says romance to me. And I love the bolder red rose that's so elegant! Isn't it fun to get two totally different and equally beautiful looks with one stamp?

Lisa Elton said...

They both look wonderful Marcia! There's a simple soft elegance about them!

Loll said...

This is such a beautiful layering image and you did a great job with both cards. You know me ... I'm a pink girl. :) xx

I Card Everyone said...

Any color on any gray makes my heart sing, Marcia... I choose both!!! and look at you taking on a new thing on your birthday! Go YOU!! xx
=]

Kara Lynne said...

Both are amazing, Marcia! There is such an impact in the neutral on neutral - very inspiring! I wish I was on time with your birthday wishes, but flu has wiped me out this last week. Anyhow, happy (belated) birthday, Marcia, I'm thinking of you!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh aren't they just beautiful!! I just adore the white stamping on the grey and both cards are so pretty!

Anita in France said...

These are both so gorgeous, Marcia ... there's such a lovely softness about the calm grey backgrounds ... and each colour combo is delicious! Tough to choose a favourite ... I think the first edges it for me ... it's so fresh! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

really beautiful flower and stamped on the grey looks wonderful!
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen