Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Twofer Challenge #13 - STARS

Hello friends.  Playing along with Darnell's Twofer Challenge where this month she would like to see STARS on our two cards.


This was a FUN challenge and I used a sweet little die gifted to me by Loll awhile back to come up with these two cards:


I was asked by a friend to make a couple baby cards and I've always thought stars were appropriate for graduation cards too!


For my graduation card I used a technique by Betsy Veldman (HERE) using colored salt crystals to make a colorful night time sky.  I used the star die with a matt finished silver cs (thanks Darnell!) to put over my background and then added the sweet bunny gazing up (MFT's Snuggle Bunnies) and a sentiment from an OLD Verve stamp set.


For my baby card I used the same star die in Sweet Blush cs and then Copic colored and paper pieced (PTI's Sweet Blush Bitty Big DSP) the sweet little baby image from LOTV.  I also used PTI's Super Star Border Die to bring in some more stars for the bottom of my card.  All the tiny stars that came out of the border die cut I added randomly over the rest of the card and then used a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to color them all....they really sparkle IRL!!  I finished with a Tiny Tag (PTI) star die cut and a piece of white baker's twine to finish off my card.

Make sure you check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from Darnell and the rest of the DT, and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous star twofer, Marcia! Just love the sweet baby card in pink & white - what a darling baby image and so special with all the added stars, tag & twine! Wonderful background for your circle of stars on the grad card & I love the bunny!

Happy Dance said...

Oh I love these cards, Marcia! The night sky you've created with the colored salts is simply stunning! And perfectly enclosed in a circle of stars. What an awesome die. But that baby card...Oh. My. Gosh! How sweet is this??!! That baby all tucked into that ring of stars is adorable. All the elements work so well together, and this card looks so different from the graduation card. Well done! Thanks so very much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Kara Lynne said...

I am having a difficult time taking my eyes off these wonderful cards, Marcia! What a fantastic way to use that wonderful star die! That little LOTV baby is so precious - I love the polka dot outfit! The salt crystal sky is simply amazing! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

A duo of darling, my friend! What a sweet little die, Marcia. A dreamy sky, and a polka-dotted baby? I'm star struck! xx
=]

Patti said...

Twofer of fantabulous!! Loving that beautiful sky you created and the polka dotted hat is just.... huggable!!

Bonnie said...

Love this circle star die, Marcia, and you've used it brilliantly! Love the graduation card with the amazing salted background! And the baby card is adorable! A darling image and the star border is a perfect fit!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, that wee one with her polka dot hat is darling! And your bunny is adorable. The sky looks amazing with the star die cut. Extra sweet cards Marcia!

Darnell said...

You have a fantastic eye for design, Marcia, and I love what you came up with this month for the STAR prompt! Your adorable little bunny looking up into the colorful night sky you created with ink and salt just melts my heart! I love that star-studded circle cut in silver, the tiny but powerful sediment, your matting, and the twine! And, please, has any baby card been cuter than this?! Love that little baby with her blankie and how you have paper-pieced her clothes and cap! I also love the little star sediment tucked in the bow, the star border, and your idea to sprinkle the wee inner stars about the card front and color them so they schparkle!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #13! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, if I could just reach in there and hug that adorable baby... Such a soft, sweet polka dot outfit and an absolutely darling card with all the stars scattered around. What a great die! I love it! Come to think of it, I'd like to hug that bunny, too. Critters always have my heart. I'm smitten by your background on that one, too. Amazing what you can do with salt! Two awesome cards for this month's Twofer challenge, Marcia!

Bobby said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia. Both cards are SOOOO cute. I must try that salt technique and I've always loved those bunnies. Putting that baby in a polka dot sleeper really amped the cuteness factor on that card.

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards! What clever ways to use that star die - lovely, Jo x

Ros Crawford said...

I love these cards Marcia... The night sky is stunning! Love the little bunny there too and the baby card is so adorable!!

Anita in France said...

That salty night time background scattered with silver stars is spectacular, Marcia ... such a great spot for that beautifully coloured bunny ... and what a great sentiment! That little polka dot dressed baby is so sweet amidst her pink and silver stars ... and what a fabulous starry border! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

You've been one busy gal my friend. These two cards are so cute!! I adore that little baby with the large polka dotted paper piecing. Pieced so perfectly!! The night sky is amazing and that little bunny looks like he's in complete awe too! You rocked this challenge!

Loll said...

Two fabulous star cards Marcia!! LOVE the night time sky with the deep colours and salt added ... so much visual texture. And that bunny is just adorable! Speaking of adorable ... what a cute baby card. Sweet image and perfect with all those stars. xx