Monday, February 11, 2019

Laurie's Fabulous Favorites

Hello friends.  There are some new challenges going on over at Papertrey Ink and there's a fun one called Laurie's Fabulous Favorites that I'm playing along with today.  Laurie Schmidlin is asking us to pick out our FAVORITE PTI stamp set and create a card with it...you can see Laurie's lovely card and read all about it HERE.

I thought this would be a lot harder than it actually was because hey, how can I pick just ONE favorite?!!  But when it came right down to it, my favorites are ALWAYS florals, and Farmer's Market Florals just totally stands out for me!!


I used a little bit of Laurie's idea by adding black & white striped DSP (Smoky Shadow Bitty Big DSP) to the bottom and top of my card and then grounded the bottom layer by adding a thin strip of Pure Poppy card stock.  My sentiment came from the Penned Elegance II set, and then I went to town stamping in shades of red all the flowers from the set.  Here's a closer up view:


I don't have the dies, so I fussy cut them all out and then arranged them into a little bouquet that would fit into the bottom half of the card.  I also made the tiny stem of flowers in yellow (Bright Buttercup) to give just another pop of color!  A few iridescent sequins and some white crochet thread finished off this card for a special someone who could use some lifting up right now.

Make sure to check out Laurie's beautiful card (HERE) and then play along with your favorite PTI stamp set...there's a $100 gift certificate up for grabs!!  :0)

I am also adding my card to The Card Concept (#108) challenge where my colors are spot on for the inspiration photo...red, white, & black.


You can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and play along with this challenge right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Nancy G said...

Marcia, beautiful card! I love the striped paper with those Flowers!

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Marcia. Those flowers are gorgeous, and I can see why they're a favorite of yours. The colors against those stripes are wonderful. I'm certain that your friend will love this card, and it will definitely lift her spirits. So pretty. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

I can see why it's a favorite set Marcia, this is such a pretty card! The black and white stripes work perfectly with the florals. Beautifully done!

Helen F. said...

What a stunning floral display you created on the black and white stripped background! This one is really amazing, Marcia!
Farmer's Market Florals just arrived in my mail box today from my latest PTI order (tried to take advantage of their great sale)...so I'll be stalking your Blog for design ideas ;-)

Jill S said...

Just gorgeous! I can't wait until this floral set is back in stock. When I see beautiful cards like this, I feel like I should have splurged on this set months ago.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, wow! or should I say ooo la la because this calls to mind a flower market in Paris - they'd do well to sell your cards there, too! Just fabulous!
=]

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the black and white stripes with those flowers... Stunning!

Bonnie said...

I love this layout, Marcia, and the black and white stripes are perfect with the elegant red roses! A beautiful card!

Julia Aston said...

That is a wonderful floral set Marcia - I love the colors you used and the fun black/white stripes on top and bottom!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Marcia my dear girl...this card is as bright and cheerful as a summer day! What bright striking colours you have used so perfectly with the stripes. Just love it. Well done you! Cheers.

Sadie said...

So pretty, Marcia! I always love black and white stripes and dots. Love all your flowers and how you bunched them to create a perfect bouquet. Love that penned elegance too. I'm waiting patiently for that to be back in stock.

Bobby said...

This is fantastic, Marcia. The black and white stripe sets off those beautiful red flowers. Speaking of, what red inks did you use? I'm trying to find some good ones that go together to layer up some roses.

Patti said...

Marcia! this is amazing : ) I love the colors you used and the addition of the black stripe is the frosting on the cake!! Beautifully!!!! done.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blooms, Marcia ... and such lovely layering of the bouquet against those cool stripes! Hugs, Anita :)