Thursday, February 6, 2020

CAS Christmas Feb. 2020 - JOY

Hello friends.  The challenge at CAS Christmas this month is being hosted by my sweet friend Lin and she would like to see the word JOY on our Christmas cards this month.


I had a new Stampingbella stamp to play with that isn't really a Christmas stamp, but I colored her in reds along with the stem of Foxglove she is holding.  I realize Foxglove is not a Christmas flower, but when you color them red they look a little like bells, and bells are for Christmas, right?!!!


I started with a white card base and then added a layer of Real Red cs and then added a white die cut layer (The Greetery's Nordic Frame Dies) over the red layer.  I love how just the little peeks of red show through the die cut holes in the white layer!!  I used SSS's Big Joy die to cut out my word JOY in white and added that to the die cut frame and then attached the little girl (Stampingbella's BUNDLE GIRL with a foxglove) that I colored with Copics and then fussy cut.  CAS and I just love the way this sweet card turned out!!

This challenge is open till the 24th, so check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love that sweet image on your gorgeous card. Your coloring looks great. TFS

Linda said...

Marcia, this is just too adorable. Love your frame with the pops of red and that sweet image of your girl in red. Looks like Christmas to me. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Bonnie said...

I'd say this is perfect for Christmas and I LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

I Card Everyone said...

OH I have had my eye on those little 'bella' beauties!! So adorable, it brings me joy just seeing your darling card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness is she ever CA-UTE!! Love this to pieces Marcia and love the way you've colored it!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, OMG so cute. I love the elfing image and the foxglove. Perfect CAS Christmas Joy card :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

The red foxglove stem held by the red clothed girl look so Christmasy, Marcia - love your coloring and that yummy Nordic frame!!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is lovely, all that beautiful red on the white base. Love that greetery die too.

Birgit said...

I love how your mind thinks my friend. Those foxgloves definitely look like little Christmas bells. This is totally adorable!

Cindy H. said...

This is just darling!

Happy Dance said...

Cute, cute, and cute. She's (obviously) cute! Great way to use all those elements and yet keep it so wonderfully CAS. You rock, girl. The frame, the 'joy,' the little sweetie... Christmas card perfection. And red...one of my favorite colors. I'll have to tell you about it someday... ; ). Bev

Patti said...

Marcia! that is JOY on a card!! I love the image and the color combo and your design.... are you getting this? I love this card!! : ) Bravo!!

Mac Mable said...

Marcia this is a darling of a card, so pretty and super cute x.

Ros Crawford said...

I was only thinking yesterday that I never see foxglove stamps and they are such gorgeous flowers, then you share this... Oh my it's gorgeous!! I love that image and you put it so beautifully with this design. Have a blessed Sunday

Bobby said...

This is so sweet, Marcia.

Loll said...

Oh-so cute, Marcia! Love your sweet little girl with her large stems of foxglove. You are right, with them all red, this is definitely is a fantasttic Christimas card. Love the white joy in the background, and the bits of red that show through the frame. Beautiful card! xx

Anita in France said...

Yep, those red foxgloves are definitely bell-like and festive for your wrapped up little sweetie to hold, Marcia ... she's so cute! Love the subtle sentiment ... and adore how you used the Nordic frame with the pops of red! Hugs, Anita :)

Susan said...

Oh, I love those red foxgloves matching the little girl's red outfit and the bits of red in the border! This is a perfect card in every way (wish I could vote for you for CAS Christmas winners!!!).