Saturday, February 15, 2020

CAS Watercolour Reminder - RED & BLACK

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that the CAS Watercolour Challenge is open till the 24th, so you still have time to play along with us!  This month we're doing a color challenge with RED & BLACK and you can check it all out right HERE.

One of my favorite Penny Black stamp sets is critter celebration and I thought it would be cute all done up in RED & BLACK!  Take a look:


Isn't that mouse just the sweetest holding a gift and sitting right inside that pretty RED flower?!!  I stamped the image in black and then clear embossed before water coloring with my Aqua Painter and Distress Inks.


After my image was dry, I matted it with a piece of black (my white space) that I used MFT's Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window on, and then adhered both to a white card base.  I left the sentiment off as I'm not sure what I'll be using this card for yet.  Very simple card but I love the way it turned out!


This challenge is open till the 24th and we'd LOVE to see YOU in the gallery!  You can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Such an adorable mouse sitting in the lily holding the present for the receiver Marcia - love the black framing that really draws the eye front and center! This was a great challenge focusing on just two colors! xx

Bonnie said...

I love this little guy with his red present and sitting in the pretty red flower! He lends himself perfectly to this wonderful challenge, my friend! Whatever occasion he goes for, he will spread joy!

Robyn Oliver said...

This is an adorable card Marcia - yes the cutest mouse image and the red pops on that fabulous black card with stitched detail - I love it, hugs Robyn

Cat Craig said...

Stunning, looks like framed art.

Anita in France said...

Just the sweetest, Marcia ... no wonder this set is a favourite! That little mouse is adorable ... wonderfully coloured ... and so cool with the black! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

You thought exactly right, Marcia! So adorable!
=]

Loll said...

This is adorable, Marcia! I love this sweet image from Penny Black, you just have to smile when you see it! Adorable with the red and gray watercolouring and black card base. xx

Bobby said...

Would you believe I bought this set because I thought those little critters were so darling and I haven't even inked it up yet. Your adorable card has inspired me to get it out, Marcia.

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as cute as cute can be!!

Christine Alexander said...

Marica this is one of my favourite little mice, loving the back and red :)

Ros Crawford said...

Eeek! This is just so adorable!! I LOVE it Marcia!

Mac Mable said...

Oh Marcia this card is absolutely adorable and super cute....loving the dark card stock too x.

Karen Dunbrook said...

very sweet and adorable card mf....love the dark black as the base, makes the image just pop.
xx Karen

Vicky Hayes said...

How sweet is that little mouse perched in his flower?! Love the way you've coloured him and that beautiful die cut frame. Vicky x