Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Greetery's Sketchbook Roses

Hello friends.  I've been having a blast playing with all the goodies from the latest release at The Greetery, and especially with the Sketchbook Roses stamp set.  Couldn't seem to stop, so I have 4 cards to share with you today.  Here's the first one...


I used the Windowpane Plaid Background stamp with Worn Lipstick DI for my background, and also blended some of the ink around the background too.  Next I splattered very lightly some black ink, and then added my roses that were die cut with the matching Sketchbook Roses Die.  The sentiment also comes with the stamp set and the "beautiful" has a die that comes with the rose die.  A few clear sequins and some bakers twine finished off this card.  (My inks are all Gina K except for the background)


I love how this second card came out too!  I had stamped the roses in yellows this time and thought a nice gray (Smokey Slate) background would look great against the yellows.  I used Smokey Slate ink to stamp the outline of the roses for my background, and then added the yellow die cut roses along with a few white branches from the Inside & Out Berry Branches die.  A few clear sequins were all that was needed to finish off this card.


I think this card ended up being my favorite, and all because of something I couldn't capture in the photograph!  I used that Inside & Out Berry Branch die again and sprayed it with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz and IRL it sparkles like crazy!!  I added it to a plain white layer that I used the Postal Frame Dies on and then added the die cut envelope from the Signed & Sealed stamp and die set.  The little sprig of flowers is from the Sketchbook Roses set and I just snipped it off from the large cluster of roses.  I took a close up hoping the sparkle would show up, but no such luck!



Oh well, you can see a bit more of the detail here and how I finished it off again with clear sequins and a card base of Smokey Slate cs.



My last card uses all the same elements as the first three, but the roses are in red this time.  I also used the Crimped Frame Dies for this card.  I honestly don't think you can make a ugly card with this set...they all turn out BEAUTIFUL!!


Here's another close up for you to see the detail better.  This stamp set is definitely a MUST HAVE in my book if you love making floral cards!  There are like 7 steps to making this whole cluster, but they line up SO easily and totally make you look like you know what you're doing!  And end up looking water colored too!  A win, win!!  You can check out everything from the latest release from The Greetery right HERE...it's a beautiful collection!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful and bountiful blooms her Marcia. Your extra touches in sentiments, die cuts and colors really showcase the beauty of this set.

Karen Dunbrook said...

all so gorgeous, love them all.
xx Karen

Anita in France said...

The Greetery latest collection is a lovely one, Marcia ... and you've showcased it so beautifully here ... what a gorgeous display of cards ... each so wonderfully detailed! Hugs, Anita :)

Viv said...

Fabulous collection of stunning makes Marcia! x

Birgit said...

Oh my word Marcia, every card is just so beautiful. Swoon~~ I knew I'd regret not getting this flower cluster when I started seeing you use it. Yep! I'm having non-buyers remorse now. Each card is lovely, lovely, LOVELY!

Sandy Kay said...

Marcia, your cards are beautiful! Each one is so original!

Mac Mable said...

Wow what stunners and they are all so beautiful, unique and fabulously creative x.

I Card Everyone said...

OH my goodness, Marcia - it's a whole BUNCH of beautiful roses! Put it on the list, my friend! I adore the yellow - my mom's favorite!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

WOW Marcia, what a beautiful display of cards!! You have me longing for summer with all of those pretty roses. But you know, I think my favorite is the one with the envelope!

Colleen said...

Wow, fabulous cards, Marcia...I colored 2 of those bouquets myself, now I need to make them into cards! You have inspired me!

Bonnie said...

You have really embraced this set, Marcia! All four cards are gorgeous and I love the white die cut leaves! Beautiful cards, my friend!

Kara Lynne said...

Came over for a closer look at those gorgeous flowers, Marcia! Each card is beautiful with so much detail in the colors and layers!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow wow wow!! I love them! What a beautiful collection and I must say that the grey is stunning with the gorgeous stamping and the yellow roses!

Bobby said...

The roses are beautiful, Marcia, but it's all the little details you added to the cards that make them so spectacular. I don't know how you got such fine black splatter but I'm envious. The roses stamped in the background and the different die cut frames really add a lot to the overall design.

Loll said...

All four cards using this stamp set are AMAZING, Marcia! I love your layout and designs that are unique for each one. And this stamp looks fabulous in every colour. Your details of adding dry embossing or tone-on-tone stamping or love embossed/die-cut frames makes all the difference. These are truly all works of art, my sweet friend! xx