Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #28 - RED

Hello friends.  The challenge this month at Christmas Kickstart is all about the color RED!


In January, I couldn't seem to put my Christmas stamps away, and now it's February, and I'm so tired of Winter that I struggled a bit to come up with a Christmas card...but only for a bit as I pulled out MFT's Christmas sELFies and it totally brought a smile to my face!!


I mean, how can you NOT smile at a face like that?!!  I did some simple water coloring (in RED of course!) and then framed him out in white with a layer of RED behind that, and a white card base.


I added a bit of gold jelly roll pen ink to the cap on the Christmas ornament, and also the jingle bell, and then Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!) to his hat brim and sleeve cuff.  The sentiment is part of the stamp set.

Still a bit of time to play along with this months challenge, so check it all out right HERE and play along! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Marcia, your sweet little elf has brought a smile to my face too! Gorgeous card with lots of lovely red and some gorgeous sparkle too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, always good to have you join the festive fun, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

YOu're right...I am smiling. So darned cute.

I Card Everyone said...

So good to see that peek-a-boo elf again... besides, the weather is still Christmas-like!! I love him, Marcia!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I've had enough of winter too Marcia, but this little fella perked me right up! He's adorable!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG this guy is adorable, the perfect little S elfie:)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so cute! What a great image and perfect matching sentiment. Brought a smile to my face to Marcia! xx

Anita in France said...

I did, Marcia ... smile that is ... what a cutie and so fun ... great detailing! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

So cute, Marcia. You did a good job of coloring that darling face.

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this, Marcia! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

Ros Crawford said...

It certainly makes me smile... Beautifully done my friend!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so super cute and fun.
x Karen

Darnell said...

I have the selfie set, but not the Christmas one and now I'm sorry I don't have it, too, especially with that fun sediment! You have showcased this upside down imp so perfectly, Marcia! Love your coloring, the texture and your crisp matting in red! Hugs, Darnell