Wednesday, February 12, 2020

CAS Mix Up Feb. 2020 - STENCIL FROM DIE-CUTS

Hello friends.  The challenge this month over at CAS Mix Up is a FUN one hosted by Joanna, and she'd like us to make a stencil from a die.


I used a die from SSS (Circle of Leaves) to create my stencil, and then sprayed the back with Pixie Spray (a light tack adhesive) before attaching to a piece of white cardstock.


The piece on the right is what I ended up with after blending Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, & Picked Raspberry DOX inks over the stencil piece on the left.


I used a stitched rectangle die (Lil Inkers) to die cut my stenciled layer and then attached to a white card base.  My sentiment is from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You stamp set, and the die cut dragonfly is from AE.


I sprayed the dragonfly with some Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz and was hoping to catch a bit of the sparkle with this close up.

I have a TWOFER for you today because I couldn't throw away the colorful leaves left over from the stencil part...


I die cut an off center stitched circle (Lil Inkers) and added my colorful leaves and also some white die cut leaves from The Greetery's Inside Out Berry Die onto a white card base.  I used foam tape on the top layer to give some dimension and added my sentiment (The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Birthday) and a few clear sequins.

This was a FUN challenge and a great way to get a little more mileage from your dies by turning them into stencils!  Check out all the amazing cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, stunning twofer. What a fabulous pick for creating your stencil. The colors are yummy together and then the black accents just stunning. Glad you made a twofer and included the stencil piece too...that is another stunner with the white dies behind the color.

Colleen said...

OMG, you are one clever and talented girl! I love your cards, they are stunning...the colors, your details just take the up several notches! Super fabulous!! Heart Hugs, Col

Mac Mable said...

Always great to get two cards from the one technique and what stunners they are Marcia. Fabulous colour combination and amazing designs...I love them x.

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous cards, fabulous blending through that sweet homemade stencil, Marcia! I just love that friendly little 'hitchhiker' die … perhaps he'd fly by for a play?
=]

Bonnie said...

Two gorgeous cards, my friend! Love the colorful stenciled and sponged background with the white die cut leaves! The colored leaves with the white die cuts in the background is just as stunning.

Lisa Elton said...

You've created the perfect stencil Marcia, these are fantastic! The fancy black dragonfly is a striking addition to your first card. And WOW to your second, it's gorgeous!!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG they are stunning! I love the stenciled card with that dramatic black dragon fly and I love how you used the leaves with the perfect embossed backdrop!

Bobby said...

When I saw the wonderful blend on the stencil I couldn't wait to see what you did with it, Marcia. Both cards turned out beautifully.

Darnell said...

Spectacular sunset-colored Twofer, Marcia!! I am inspired to try again because so far every die I've cut for a stencil hasn't worked. Then again, I'm trying to use paste through them. I think I need to try again with ink blending, so thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

These are both stunning Marcia! You made the perfect stencil and I love that you used both positive and negative pieces to create two beautiful cards. Wowza!!

Birgit said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day friend!

Loll said...

This beautiful circle made a wonderful stencil, Marcia! LOVE the colours. :) ... your favs and mine too. :) The black dragonfly really adds dramatic contrast. Your twofer is gorgeous with the all white cards and then pop of colour from your stenciled leaves. Great work, my friend! xx

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous glow you created with your blended stencilling, Marcia ... the libellule is so dramatic against it! Love your second white on white with the touch of delicious colour ... so, so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

Well this is truly special, Marcia. Those soft colour are cheery colours and that punch of black just brings it's beauty forward. The second is so refreshing too. Great twofers!
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Kara Lynne said...

What a wonderful die to use for your stencil and I love that you got two cards out of it! I love the bright pink and orange against the white, and the black is a bold fantastic contrast!