Saturday, August 15, 2020

CAS Christmas Reminder - 12 Days of Christmas

Hello friends.  Just a quick reminder that there's still time to play along with us at CAS Christmas where this month Susan is our hostess and she's looking for cards with the theme of The 12 Days of Christmas.


I have a simple little card using the chicks from SU!'s Hey, Chick stamp set...


Can you tell which day from the song that my card is based on?  I used a tiny oval flower center die to cut out my red berets, and added a sliver of black cs for the little tassels...do you think the red berets are festive looking for my 3 French Hens??  I also added a few gold embossed stars (The Greetery) to make my card a little more Christmas looking.


I left a sentiment off my whimsical card hoping that the theme of The 12 Days of Christmas would be pretty obvious, but will add a greeting to the inside.

Lot's of really CUTE inspiration from the DT, so check it all out right HERE and play along with us!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Love the red berets on your 'French Hens', Marcia! Great idea to add a little black tassel, too...such a cute Christmas card! Barb xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh my - what fun berets on your French hens Marcia - no question about their nationality! So very creative and clever for the challenge! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling French Hens, Marcia - you nailed the berets, so authentic looking!! Love the gold stars too!!

I Card Everyone said...

Those three French Hens couldn't look more dashing, Marcia! So fun that you made them especially for Christmas!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Those berets are too cute! The hens look very proud to be wearing them too. This is fun Marcia!

Trina P. said...

Just came from Barb’s post and you are both on the same wavelength. These French hens wearing these fashionable red bérets are so fun and cute!

Anita in France said...

Oh, Marcia, how fun and festive are these petites poules francaises with their bright red berets ... you know how I'm going to love these cuties! Hugs, Anita :)

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia I love your little french hens and so clever using a flower centrefor the berets :)

Papercraft Boutique said...

These French hens are so adorable, Marcia! I love that you turned chicks into French hens with your hand-made pretty red berets! Such a clever idea! The shiny gold stars make the card look festive and fun.
Hideko xx

Cat Craig said...

I love the berets to make your hens french...so smart and festive.

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! This is darling Marcia! There french hens with berets! Too cute!! Such a fun idea! Love the little gold stars, they add a festive touch! Thank you so much my friend for the very sweet comments you've left on my last few blog post! They make me smile big!! ((Hugs))

Bonnie said...

How clever to cap these chicks with berets so they'd be tres French! What a fun card, my friend!

Loll said...

LOVE IT!!! Your three french hens are so fantastic Marcia. I love the berets you made for them!! xx

Bobby said...

Your handmade berets turned ordinary chicks into three festive French hens, Marcia. Very creative.

Birgit said...

Three French hens wearing berets..... Too cute!!!! You're seriously brilliant and so clever. This is adorable!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is just too cute. Your berets are perfect. Wonderful card my friend. This was a tuff challenge for me.
You asked how I did my tree on the first card. I just inked up the first, light color of green and then inked the stamp again with the darker. I really like how it turned out. It was supposed to have just the tips in the dark. Can't remember what the technique is called.

Mac Mable said...

This is such a fun card Marcia and perfect for the theme...Loving those berets x.

Kara Lynne said...

This just cracks me up, Marcia! To see those SU chickens donning their red berets is hysterical!

Ros Crawford said...

Haha! I love this... I did one last year using the hens but I love how yours have tiny berets! Brilliant!