Friday, August 21, 2020

Hopping On The Slimline Bandwagon

Hello friends.  Have you joined in on the SLIMLINE bandwagon yet??  I had done a couple after first seeing them in blogland, but then STAMPLORATIONS came out with SLIMLINE STENCILS and had such a great deal on them (Buy 5 and get a 6th one FREE and then some other promotion that I missed but they sent me a 7th stencil FREE because of it...GREAT deal and super FAST shipping!!) that I just HAD to order a few! 


So I went a little crazy creating my backgrounds and then turning them into cards, so sit back and relax as this post is a little picture heavy!!


I used the BURST stencil with gray ink for the background on my first card, and then added the watering can from The Greetery's Sprinkled With Kindness and also the Sunflowers from The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Sunflower.  The die cut "happy" and birthday are also from The Greetery.


My 2nd card uses the FLAIR stencil...


I stenciled the background in ombre style with green ink and then added my flowers and leaves from Gina K's Love & Kindness stamp set.  The sentiment is from The Greetery's Birthday Blooms.


 I loved the whimsical look of this background stencil (Bubble Dance) and decided to pair it with The Greetery's Top Down Day stamp and die set. 


This is another FUN background stencil called Wavy Dots and I apologize that my photos don't capture better what I did with this card.  Because the rainbow background is so busy, I didn't want to add too much to it.  I decided to use an alphabet die set that I've had for ages and never used because the letters were SO big that all I could fit on a standard A2 size card was "HI", and that just didn't cut it for me!  But now on a long slimline card, these bigger dies worked beautifully and I die cut 3 of each letter (two in white and one from the top of the background layer) for added dimension.


I'm hoping you can see the "HELLO" a bit better in this photo?  Anyhoo, this card will definitely bring a smile to someone's face...if it doesn't blind them first, right?!!



This Christmas one is one of my favorites and uses the Beyond The Trees stencil.  I simply blended with Salty Ocean Distress Ink and then added a die cut sentiment in silver cs from Creative Expressions and a few die cut cardinals from PTI's In The Meadow die collection.  It doesn't show up in my photo, but I also sprayed this card with silver glimmer mist, so it really sparkles IRL!



My last card is a mini slimline tri-fold  (6 x 10 1/2 and scored at 3 1/2 and 7) and this was so much FUN to make! 



This cute little caroling mouse is from SU!'s Merry Mice set and the dsp is also SU!  The snowflake is from PTI's Fancy Flakes die set and the die cut windows use MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle die. 

I'm adding my very 1st card to the current challenge over at The Double D Challenge where they are looking for SUNFLOWERS!


Thanks so much for sticking with me through this loooooong post, and I hope you all get on the slimline bandwagon as these cards are so much fun to make and fit in a regular business size envelope and only require ONE stamp!  Have a great weekend everyone!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


20 comments:

Anita in France said...

Wow, Marcia ... you sure were taken beautifully by the slimline 'bug' ... what a fantastic collection ... each card is just delicious! Tough to choose my favourites ... though Beyond the Trees (fresh and packs a great punch) ... and the girl in the VW Beetle (fun and so cute) were calling to me as I scrolled up and down, up and down, up and down! Hugs, Anita :)

Cindy H. said...

Marcia, love each and every one of these beautiful cards! Those stencil backgrounds are wonderful and really set off your centerpieces.

Lisa Elton said...

Holy smokes Marcia, these are fantastic! I love those pretty sunflowers with the flower burst behind them. And that polka dotty stencil gave your VW a fun background. Marvelous work!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are all just fabulous Marcia! oh yes! I've been bitten by the slimline bug and just ordered some rectangular dies for them ... like I really 'needed' them! LOL
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sunflowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Marcia - you've been busy!! Six beautiful slimline cards - just love all of them but my fave is the sunflower one! So darling with the watering can and flowers, plus stencil behind!!

Colleen said...

AWE-MAZING!! These are so fun Marcia...I looked and looked at all those stencils and then the time got away from me and I didn't order...your cards are just fabulous...I love the whimsy look with the Top Down set...so adorable! You have enabled me AGAIN, my friend! Woohoo...Have a fabulous weekend! Heart Hugs, Col

JoAnn said...

Wow, you jumped on the slimline card bandwagon in a big way. Love all your cards. My favorite is the sunflower card also. Love it. Thanks for sharing all these beauties.

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow!! Marcia these are all fantastic!! Now you got me wanting to go get some of those slimline stencils! What fun backgrounds! All of your cards are just beautiful!! I especially love the last one. That trifold is super fun and the little mouse adorable!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! ((Hugs))

Bonnie said...

You are definitely on a roll, my friend! Love the sunflower and how you've placed the birthday in the loops of the Happy! The trifold card with that delightful caroling mouse is my favorite of all these fantastic cards!

Christine Alexander said...

great selection of cards Marcia, I have to say my favourite is the last. That little mouse is so adorable. Isn't it funny that the slim cards back :)

Darnell said...

You hopped on BIG time, Marcia, and I'm sure you have singlehandedly sold a lot more of these fabulous stencils with your creative array of slimline cards! I can't even pick a favorite, I love them all! BTW, great photography of all of them!! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

wow Marcia, how fun are these cards. I love the depth and interest a stencil adds tot he background of a card panel...and you rocked everyone of these!

Cat Craig said...

p s i just went shopping...

Diane said...

Wow, ALL the cards are fabulous and now you make ME want those stencils, I have yet to make one slimline card but these might put me over the edge! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous fabulous creations!! I love the stencils and I would buy lots if I lived in the States. Have a lovely weekend

I Card Everyone said...

These slimline stencils are such a fabulous addition to Stamplorations shop, right? I'm sure Sheri is going to be busy after this fabulous display of cards, Marcia! You had me at the very first card!
Such a fun set of cards!
=]

Birgit said...

These are all incredible Marcia! You should get a kickback from Stamplorations for helping them sell their stencils. Each and every one of them is my favorite. ;0)

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous creations, Marcia. Loving your Slim Lone collection! Your sunflowers are magnificent. Love the stamped watering can too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Sunflowers Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Bobby said...

You were really on a roll, Marcia. STAMPlorations should give you more stencils after all the requests they'll get from people who have seen your wonderful cards. I think the trees are my favorite. I haven't jumped on the wagon yet. I used to make my version of slimline cards a long time ago (3 1/2 by 7) and even have envelopes for them. I didn't like the quality of regular #10 envelopes. I'm sure I can find better quality ones now with the way this trend has taken off.

Loll said...

You have been busy!! Gorgoeus cards ... all of them. Amazing stencils that you've bought and you sure put them to good use right away. I haven't made a slimline card ... yet! :)