Monday, August 24, 2020

MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge #503

Hello friends.  Getting in at the tail end of MFT's Wednesday Sketch Challenge with a thank you card for a sweet friend who shared some of her garden goodies with my husband and I.



 And here's what I came up with using the Sweet Summertime stamp set...



Isn't she just the cutest eating her slice of watermelon??!!  I colored her up using my Copics and pop dotted her to a square layer that I stenciled some clouds on .



 I matted my cloud layer with a piece of red cs to coordinate with my sentiment banner (also from the Sweet Summertime set) and then added a couple bumblebee's buzzing around from the Bundles of Love stamp set in place of the circles in the sketch.  Quick and easy card and will convey our thanks for all the yummy goodies from my friends garden (green peppers, green onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cantaloupe)!

Not much time left to play along, but you can see all the great inspiration right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Anita in France said...

This little cutie is as sweet as her watermelon, Marcia ... super colouring ... and a delicious, fluffy-cloud sky! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

What a wonderfully perfect take on the sketch Marcia. The light cloudy sky and that darling watermelon eating gal are perfect for a summer card and the butterflies finish off the sketch nicely. You rocked it!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable little girl with the watermelon slice, Marcia!! Just love your stenciled clouds and sweet bees!!

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you will LOL when I tell you I looked high and low for this set the other day… until I realized that it was YOURS that I used!
She's perfect in your hands, and for this sketch!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Marcia! Love this sweet girl with her juicy looking watermelon! I love how you used the bees for the little circles! This looks like a winner to me!

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as it can be and your clouds look awesome!

Loll said...

Adorable card Marcia! This is just perfect to thank someone for sharing their garden bounty. Aren't friends wonderful??!! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Nothing tastes as good as home grown vegetables...How sweet of your friend. Your card will sure be appreciated... A home grown beauty created by your hands... It's gorgeous!