Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Flower Challenge #47 - ADD SPARKLE

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge today and they are looking for SPARKLE on our flowers!


The only sparkle I've ever been able to capture with my camera is Faber Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel...probably because the sparkle can be seen from here to the ends of the earth and there's just no missing it!  I hadn't used my Glass Bead Glitter Gel in probably over a year, and when I opened it up it was getting a little hard, but I added some water and was good to go!  Here's what I came up with... (might want to put your sunglasses on at this point!!)


Little bright, huh??!!  I used my favorite TCW stencil (Mini Joyful Sunflower) and added my inks, and then keeping the stencil in place, added the Glass Bead Glitter Gel.  (If you've never used this before, make sure you remove your stencil right after applying the gel and wash with warm water and soap.  If you let it dry on the stencil (or your applicators) it will NOT come off!  I learned that the hard way!!)  Then comes the hard part in waiting for it to dry!  It looks pretty dry after an hour, but really takes a good 12 hours for your cardstock to dry all the way through!


Can you see all that SPARKLE??!!  Kinda hard to miss, isn't it?!!  I finished my card with a layer of Early Espresso cs and a white card base, along with some twine and a sentiment banner that was embossed in white (The Greetery - Sentiment Suite: Think of You).

So many BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT for inspiration, and you can check it all out and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Sunshine on a card, fabulously sparkly and a stunner of a card Marcia x.

Birgit said...

Beautiful and sparkly! This card is magical with all its glimmer. I can see the sparkle from here!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Marcia ... beautifully shimmery ... bold, vibrant and positively chock full of sunshine! Gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous sunflower, Marcia - just love all the shimmer!! The twine above the sentiment adds the perfect touch!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, love the effect from the glass beads :)

Darnell said...

That is such a fantastic sunflower stencil! Big and bold, just like sunflowers are in real life. The colors are perfection, Marcia, and using that Gel was a wonderful idea! Your card is so impressive, I heard the DOD called to let you know you were accidentally sending signals to the satellite above Gladwin! Thank you so much for adding beautiful schparkle to The Flower Challenge! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell GD

Jeanne H said...

What a beautiful card! Love it.

Bonnie said...

WOW! Love this sunflower anyway, but with the glass bead gel it's FANTASTIC! What a beauty, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooooh, what pretty sparkle! This is beautifully done Marcia, love the bog bold sunflower!

I Card Everyone said...

First of all, I adore that sunflower stencil. So I'm glad you didn't make that boo boo this time! lol
It's glittery to the max, and absolutely gorgeous, Marcia! LOve the burlap twine that finishes it off perfectly for Autumn!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, this is gorgeous. Love the sparkle. I have a tub of the stuff that I have yet to open...so you are spurring me on. The color of the petals with the deeper tones are just fabulous, love love love this one.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! What a beauty! I love the earthy tones and the twine is just perfect!

TaeEun said...

This is the sparkliest take on our theme, Marcia! The huge sunflower looks just gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

Bobby said...

Your sunflower is beautiful in all its shining glory, Marcia. I love using glitter paste (I have other brands) and had one get hard. I think I threw it out and wish I'd tried adding water. I didn't know you could. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Loll said...

AMAZING sparkle, Marcia! Beautiful inking of the stencil and the glass gel takes it to a whole other level. Gorgeous card, my friend! xx