Saturday, August 1, 2020

Inspired By #135 - Fruity Sentiments

Hello friends.  Another FUN inspiration photo over at the Inspired By Challenge where the theme is fruits...


Because I tend to take everything quite literally, I went with the colors, the lemons, and even the optional sketch this week to come up with this birthday card:


When I grow up I want to be just like Michele (DT member), who is always thinking outside the box and always coming up with the perfect puny sentiments!  Until then though, I went with the black, white, yellow, and green color theme using Pinkfresh Studio's Lemon Lush background stamp (doesn't this stamp look SO cool stamped in black & white?!!) and The Greetery's Lemon Blossom stamp set for my fruit. 


I added a offset circle to play along with the sketch and to have a place to set my lemons on where they wouldn't get lost in the busy background.  The sentiment is also from the Lemon Blossom stamp set.  A little bit of black & white baker's twine to tie on the embossed banner, and a few clear gems (Lucy's Little Things) finished off my Summery Birthday card.

You can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

We all want to grow up to have Michele's wit...this is one super fantastic card. The black and white backdrop is so clean and give such a sophisticated look to this amazing card.

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love that background stamped in black and white and the juicy lemons colored up too! We all admire Michele's wit and how she is inspired!

Loll said...

Amazing card Marcia! That background stamp does look awesome in black and white. I love that you only coloured the lemons so that they are the star, with all the amazing supporting roles of black and white. :) xx

I Card Everyone said...

and when I GROW UP I want to have the ability to put together a perfect card, LIKE YOU!! Oh my goodness, Marcia, this is perfection from corner, to corner!
LOve that background - put it on the list, girlfriend!
Now. about that wit you've mentioned? in this case that was ALL Julie E. - and she does SO get me!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful outline flower and fruit background, Marcia! Just love it with the pop of yellow lemons and green leaves!

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA Marcia, this is out of this world! That background ~ GAH!! Love the pop of color from the lemons. So happy to see this is our IB gallery!

Danni Reid said...

I love EVERY detail on your card, this is so PERFECT! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB!

Birgit said...

This is fabulous Marcia and a perfect take on the inspiration photo. That background is stunning and I love the brightly colored lemons. They just pop off the card!

Ros Crawford said...

I'm loving the black and white! Fantastic card Marcia and as always so beautifully designed!