Thursday, August 6, 2020

CAS Mix Up Oct. 2020 - BEACH

Hello friends.  Playing along with the new challenge this month at CAS Mix Up where Loll is the hostess and she is looking for WATER COLORED cards using the theme of BEACH.


And here's what I came up with...


I started by taping off all my edges to leave a nice white border around my card and then water colored using Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, & Salty Ocean Distress Inks.  Once dry I stamped my lighthouse and birds using Gina K's By The Sea 1 stamp set.


I finished by adding my sentiment which is a die cut and stamping using PTI's Inspired: Hope.  Quick and easy and will be a perfect encouragement card!

This challenge is open till the 24th and you can check out all the fabulous inspiration from the DT and play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so peaceful and beautiful Marcia! Your water colored background is just perfect.

Viv said...

A beautifully serene card Marcia. x

Christine Alexander said...

so serene, love the layering of the beach colours :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your outline lighthouse with the shaded background, Marcia - gorgeous!!

Bonnie said...

Love this awesome sentiment with the peaceful coastal scene, Marcia! This is frame worthy, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Elton said...

I like the soft wash of colors in the background Marcia, this is so pretty! Lighthouses are a favorite of ours to visit and for my hubby to photograph!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful soft color strokes so beachy feeling. Well done.

I Card Everyone said...

I love it, Marcia … just when I thought Hope had washed out to sea, here it is! Thanks, my friend - our chat really gave me cheer, too!
=]

Loll said...

Beautiful design Marcia! Love the masked "frame" to create your one layer card. Gorgeous, soft watercolours for your sand, sea, and sky. xx

Anita in France said...

Light, airy, dreamy ... this is so serene and calm, Marcia ... the sentiment's wonderful! Hugs, Anita :)

Jo said...

Refreshing. Love the subtle pastel colours to complete this beautiful stamp, along with the masked white border frame. Great design and concept.
Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Kay Miller said...

This is just beautiful Marcia! I love beach scene cards so much and you've done a gorgeous job on this one! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead my friend! Thank you for such a sweet comment on my blog today! ((Hugs))

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful beach scene, Marcia. Loved your wonderful sentiment too. Thank you for playing along with us, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

My Paper Epiphany said...

So beautiful and peaceful! Great to see your card in our gallery:)

Ros Crawford said...

This makes me feel peaceful... It's so beautifully done and the taping of the edges really gives it such a clean and perfect look. Beautiful!

Linda said...

This is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up.